• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP Patrol Iron Sight Problem

Tranteruk

Supporter
I have an MVP Patrol in 5.56, and love it. The short barrel and overall balance gives it a real carbine feel, and it's fast became my favourite 'go to rifle'.

I am having a problem with the iron sights however, and wondered if others had and if a cure can be suggested. In short, the rear is very low and even with a tight cheek weld, hard to get behind. The only way to achieve a decent sight picture is with the rear at its highest setting. This then prints very, very high between 25 and 50 (I mainly use glass on it, a Leupold 1.25 -4, but like to switch to irons from time to time).

I cant believe this is not an issue others have encountered. I noticed some are fitting aperture rear sights on the receiver. Surely this is just pushing the poi even higher.

What am I missing? I have been shooting for well over 40 years, service and hobby and if I know one thing about shooting its that we never know it all.

Help? Suggestions?

I mounted a Williams Guide Receiver Sight on my Thunder Ranch, and it worked fine sighted in at 100yds. It shoots low at 25yds, but only by a couple inches.

I pulled mine off after playing with it a bit. The front bead is too big to be useful on foxes and coyotes.

Back