• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP Patrol Rifle

Cool. I'd like to see one with a more forward mounted scope rail

I currently approve as is! This is a step in the correct direction for OF Mossberg! The Iron Sights are a huge plus.. now the only problem is that we will not see these in person for at least another 2 years and the ammunition probably after that.... >.>

I agree a step in the right direction for sure. It's useful and different, unlike previous things that were different but not useful... take the 464 ZMB for example.

I like these a lot!

I've been wanting to see irons on rifles for ever!

Only problem with these, availability of magazines and ammo, though id love to have one in .300 blackout. When was the last time you saw .300 boxes layin around much less .223?

That said, it isn't OFMs fault and I'll def agree, these are welcome models that truly show potential and a usefulness.

Itsricmo said:
I currently approve as is! This is a step in the correct direction for OF Mossberg! The Iron Sights are a huge plus.. now the only problem is that we will not see these in person for at least another 2 years and the ammunition probably after that.... >.>

Reported by members of another forum: one Patrol has already been customized by its owner and another is due for delivery on the 11th.

rjpoog1989 said:
I agree a step in the right direction for sure. It's useful and different, unlike previous things that were different but not useful... take the 464 ZMB for example.

The tacti cool 464 might be a novelty or of little use to folks in free states but in ban states its a whole nother ball of wax.

Way back in the day when Col. Jeff Cooper was running Gunsite Ranch they had a couple guys from NYC show up for a class packing Winchester '94's. One in .30-30 and the other in .44

Despite repeated offers of loaner rifles ( AR,AK,SKS ) the fellows insisted on running the course with what they had as that is what they were allowed to have back home.

They class was run.
A few techniques were tweaked and a couple new ones were developed on the fly.

What the lever guys lacked in speed of reloading they made up for in sustainability of fire and a few other things.

The staff reconsidered their opinion on lever guns.

Just sayin'

Rossignol said:
I like these a lot!

I've been wanting to see irons on rifles for ever!

Only problem with these, availability of magazines and ammo, though id love to have one in .300 blackout. When was the last time you saw .300 boxes layin around much less .223?

That said, it isn't OFMs fault and I'll def agree, these are welcome models that truly show potential and a usefulness.

Too easy, where's my done button.

I have a .300 BLK barrel for mine and I aint alone :D
Any decent gunsmith can turn out a barrel for the MVP in short order.

Brass is easy too . Either cut down some 5.56/.223 cases and pass them though a .300 BLK sizer or even easier is neck up some .221 fireball cases. ;)

Magazines are the easiest. I just shove in whatever AR15 magazine I happen to find.

My MVP has been tested with 5, 7, 10, 20, 30 and 40 round steel aluminum and plastic magazines and just for shits and giggles a 100 round Beta C-Mags and a Norinco 120 round drum.

The shorter mags are the handiest and early generation Pmags can be a PITA to latch in and the drums were bulky but the damn things worked.

Any fun we had was an unintended side effect of serious scientific testing. :cool:

Iron sights should be no sweat for MVP variants that come without them.

The MVP rear bridge takes the same #36 Weaver scope base as the Remmy 700 ( mine shipped factory installed )

Slapping a Williams peep or ghost ring on should be easy peasy.
The excellent ( and matching ) Firesight front sight only requires two holes be drilled and tapped in the barrel.

Evolution Gun Works makes both 0 degree and 20 degrees elevation one piece Picatinny mounts for the MVP.

Talley manufacturing has us covered for return to zero Q.D. rings and bases.
BTW there's a fellow in Alaska with a MVP switch barrel rig running two different scopes like this.

Back