• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP stock on the 4x4

S

soaxin

With slight modification do you guys think the new mvp stock would fit?

Now that's an interesting question... If it does I want a 4x4 chambered in 22-250 with marinecote an ill put the pistol grip stock on it. That would be sexy!

I think it might fit. The big difference would probably be the magazine slot. I would bet that the actions are similar in where they screw on and such.

If i can get more info on this I will definatly be doing that. I love the varmit prediter stock.

Don't hold me too it, but I believe that the stocks should be the same dimensions. A quick call (huh huh that's funny...) too Mossberg should clear it up. The problem would be the Magazine Well... Because you're 4x4 doesn't take AR mags you would need to do something that would keep the mags up in the well to cycle properly.

Thats what I was thinking. Ill look into it and so some calls and talk to some gunsmiths.

Have you checked out Boyds Gun Stocks? They aren't the MVP stock but they have some Varmint model stocks that are nice!

CRAP! I'm sorry, man! They fit the ATR 100 models. :( I feel like a jerk now.. probably got your hopes up! Sorry again!

EDIT: Have you checked Havlin Sales? They may have something or some information to help you out!

The MVP uses a 4x4 action with a redesigned bolt and a DBM kit for the AR-15 mags fitted to the stock. I'd call Mossberg Tech Support directly. They'll be able to give you a definitive answer as to the interchangeability between the two actions/stocks...

Yeah you did get my hopes up :p but its all good. Yeah ill be giving mossberg a call real soon :)

Please let us know what this turns up! Might be something real good and worth posting in the 4x4 section and MVP section! :D Best of Luck!

I think you could probably modify a 4x4 stock to fit the MVP if you could get your hands on the specialized Bottom Metal OFM uses. But that doesn't help you haha just food for thought

I just thought of this:

If putting an MVP stock on a 4x4 would actually work, and you can now FLEX your MVP, then that would bring about some amazing endless possibilities.

rjpoog1989 said:
I just thought of this:

If putting an MVP stock on a 4x4 would actually work, and you can now FLEX your MVP, then that would bring about some amazing endless possibilities.

:shock: I wonder if the plastic stock for the FLEX would be harder to mod to fit then the Wood though

Back