• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My 930 SPX Build

Ordered my EagTac T200C2 (XM-L2 U2 LED) with a pressure switch and addtl. rail mount. Came out to $75 total, which is about $20 cheaper than anywhere else I found them. It is gonna be BRIGHT!!!! 913 ANSI Lumens and 269-yd. throw. It will be a worthy addition to my SAR gear, and a great light all-around. Once I get the Pic. rail installed on the foregrip, I think an AFG (FAB PTK or AFG1) will be the last thing to go on my 930...maybe a couple ESSTAC cards and possibly the Monte Carlo stock.

Running Tally of my build so far, again I wanted to keep the whole build under $800 TOTAL:

Mossberg 930 SPX (new/unfired) - $500
Tri-Rail Barrel clamp w/ QD Sling holes - $17
TDI BK2 tac light mount - $17
S&J Delrin Follower - $15
Spec-Ops Padded Patrol Sling (fixed-stock) - $10
Millett PC00107 Picatinny Rail - $0 (random mounting hardware - $6)
EagTac T200C2 (XM-L2 U2 LED) - (incl. rail mount and pressure switch) - $75

TOTAL = $640.00 out of pocket

Things I have yet to purchase and decide if I want/need:
FAB Defense PTK angled foregrip (incl. VTS) - $29 (via eBay)
-OR-
Magpul AFG1/AFG2 - $30
Mossberg Monte Carlo stock (Part# 17635) - $73 shipped

I would go with the FAB Defense gear.
I have them on a couple of different weapons and love them.

Sent from my California fondleslab

I would go with the FAB Defense gear.
I have them on a couple of different weapons and love them.

Sent from my California fondleslab
Thanks USMC! I am strongly considering that one...actually it was you who prompted me to check it out. It seems to be the most ergonomic and comfortable and the little storage compartment is a cool bonus.

You might be able to answer a couple questions for me (if you don't mind).

- Do you use it w/o the VTS? Does it seem to function just as well on it's own? I am only adding the bottom rail right now, so I won't have a place for the VTS.

- How large is the storage compartment? I would like to keep a spare 18650 battery in there or possibly the standard endcap for my flashlight if I remove it from the mount (since I will be adding a pressure switch).

Thanks again for the suggestion, the PTK is on the top of my list once the rail gets installed. :D

I do use the VTS and like it very much. You can hold the weapon with one hand if your hands are large/strong enough.

As long as that battery isn't larger than it appears, yes.

Sent from my metacarpals to your ocular receptors

I do use the VTS and like it very much. You can hold the weapon with one hand if your hands are large/strong enough.

As long as that battery isn't larger than it appears, yes.

Thanks man. I was just wondering if the PTK will function well without running the VTS also - meaning no addtl. thumb support. I don't see why it wouldn't, I just don't plan on running a side-rail (right now) so the VTS won't be side mounted or used in conjunction with the PTK.

After looking at more pics of the PTK's compartment, I doubt it will be able to fit the extra tailcap for my EagTac, but the battery (NCR18650b) is roughly the same diameter as a C123a, so that should fit in there no problem.

Thanks again for the suggestions and feedback :)

It's fine without the VTS.
I had one on a rifle and I liked it.

9/10 people will pick it up and put their hands in the wrong place. It is kinda funny.

Sent from my mind to your face

Got a new toy in the mail today :D
IMG_20140617_130347_867.jpg

Can't wait to test it out, and do a quick review about it :):):)

Haven't updated this in a while. Got the rail added to the fore-grip w/ the PTK and mounted the Tac Light. I want to get a riser for the stock (accu-riser or Monte Carlo stock) and then it will be complete! :cool:

IMG_20140803_022121_611.jpg

IMG_20140803_022423_219.jpg

Last edited:
That light is like the surface of the sun!
Seriously! It is bright enough to cause temporary blindness, but it has High, Med., and Low modes (pic is on High). I need to go my favorite shooting pit at night to test how bright it really is and how far it throws, but for $50 it is a great little light!

The PTK mount is awesome too BTW! So damn comfortable and it has great natural ergonomics for my offhand. Perfectly balanced and centered for quick sighting and stability.

Great recommendation! ;)

Look away dude!!! :cool:
IMG_20140804_223110.jpg

Seriously though, I'm a big fan of EagleTac - if you are in the market for inexpensive LED lights, they are definitely worth a look.

I've had a D25C Clicky (XM-L2 U2) as my EDC for almost 2 years and have had ZERO issues. That little guy is super-compact and puts out over 450 lumens w/ a few selectable modes/cycles and a very dim "moonlight" setting to help keep your night vision if you need to dig around your pack or check out a map real quick.
IMG_20140804_195218.jpg

IMG_20140804_195239.jpg

I think the T200C2 will provide years of reliability and I already had (6) 3400mAh rechargeable batteries (for my e-cig) that work great with it. All of the EagTac lights are IPX-8 rated and come with great accys./add-ons (pouch, rings, lanyard, spare gaskets etc.), but I added the "Weapons Kit" for $20 that incl. a pressure switch end-cap and solid rail mount.

Last edited:
Should (finally) be getting my Jones Tactical Everyday Belt tomorrow. It took about 3 months, but from what I hear they are worth the wait, and RJ was great to deal with.

1.5" Scuba Webbing in Black
1" 17337 Webbing in Wolf Grey
1" Hook & Loop Velcro
1" AustriAlpin Cobra Quick Release Buckle (Black/Black)
tumblr_n4ya0w845z1qdjsc3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4lcgifafv1qdjsc3o1_500.jpg

Back