• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My 930spx is no ak

Brand new 930spx and shells bind in chamber, i have tried new lifter, mag spring, follower and lots of cleaning and lube , ofb sending new lifter spring tommorow, never had this much trouble with a gun , dont know what to think at this point, i love my kalash.

Yes i really like my glock , and ak, i also have moss 500 but kicks like a mule, hoping i can get 930 going might go back to moss, spent 80 bucks today at vang comp for mag extension,new mag follower, and spring , good people over there, but still have shell binding issue, i will keep trying, but i still say 800 dol gun should run out of the box..

Do you have a side saddle on it? Any other modifications? What specific brand/type of shells are you getting hang ups with? How does the entrance to the chamber look?

Thanks!

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Will asked some good questions.

keep it bone stock and try some different ammo. I saw your post in my thread about my 930 jamming.
I would try a few things before sending it in.
The turn around time right now is atrocious.

For my gun they replaced the entire bolt and a new lifter.
I think the extractor was what was causing my jams before it went back to mossberg.

Thanks all has no side saddle, buffed the chamber, using s b buck and rem field #6 shot and i removed pic rail made sure screws were not hitting barrel shank, no problem there, yesterday i insralled new lifter, moss is sending new lifter spring today sorry i could not respond last night, long day , and i noticed trigger group loose, maybe ok like that, i am really not a shotgun guy, but am learning, fun gun to shoot when working properly, i see why you guys like to use them, i will try to keep all informed, tx. Matt

Update cleaned up extractor with fine file, buffed chamber, removed slight burr inside top on receiver were screws for pic rail are located , shot 50 rds of mixed sb buck, and rem game load #6 shot, and it ran .like a swiss watch, i forgot to say i put all stock parts back, mag spring, ext, follower, so there you go. Who needs a kalash anyhow, i have a badass shotgun, just hope i works like this the next time, i will let you know, tx. Matt

The trigger group should have play in the receiver. That's what the side saddle question was about as some that replace the trigger group pins with screws will actually pinch the receiver together and cause malfunctions.

The shorter barreled models like the SPX are the most finicky about ammo. If you haven't done a detail clean yet, take the gas system apart and run it completely dry. Lube only the bolt and carrier (slide) at contact points. When you reassemble, before putting the forearm on, pull the piston back, hold the pusher assembly and release. The piston should move back into the barrel's cylinder by pusher spring tension alone. This basic test rules out any drag from a binding gas system. The next thing to try is some Winchester AA 1200 FPS or higher ammo to see if ammo tolerances are hanging something up. These are tapered, low base shells with slick hulls that are consistent in manufacture. If it runs these fine, we look at what rough surfaces are hanging other shells up. Check to see that your shell stop has a full range of travel as well. This can be done with the trigger group out. Make sure there isn't a build-up behind the shell stop assembly that may be keeping it from moving out of the way (directed by the rail on the slide) when the shell when fed into the chamber.

Thanks!

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

good deal inspector!

I swear I think the problems with the guns coming out (mine and yours) was the extractor.
Now that I look back at the videos I made and examining how it jams I think that was to blame.

I did notice on the new bolt mossberg installed in mine the bottom of the extractor is perfectly rounded, I dont recall seeing that on my old bolt. I think it was square.

yep, on my extractor bottom has slight chamfer, hard to see but it is there, and thank you to William for excellent advice on all this and yes I have cleaned all of that mentioned, everything talked about must come together just right or this gun will jam, I will get some Winchester low brass trap shells and PROVE my work, cuz I know this gun does not like them, and I will let all know how it does, maybe we can save someone else a real headache, I might not have needed to buy $80 in parts, oh well,, as I have all the stock parts back in, and I am leaving it that way unless proven otherwise, I have built and played with lot of guns but this thing is really a different cat.. we will see, TX Matt

Glad you got it straightened out. The 930 is a great gun

Just a further update for you guys, I went to wally mart and got 3 boxes of Winchester 1145 FPS #71/2 shot and fired just two shells in the backyard and both worked well, next week I will try more and let all know, maybe we got it right after all.

Back