• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Casio G-Shock bought in 2010 got a new pacemaker.....

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
,,, but it didn't need one.

No doubt the G-Shock was going to need a new battery some day after purchasing it, but I never thought it would go for over SEVEN YEARS on the original CR2016. It never left my wrist since the day I first put it on. Literally 24/7. It has been pretty abused.

Since upgrading to a LumiNox 3051.BO it seemed appropriate to keep the G-Shock alive and not leave in a dead or leaking battery so it went to the jeweler for a replacement even tho' it is STILL running.

I find this amazing. Analog hands, digital date/stopwatch/time display etc etc. Seven freaking years... actually almost eight years of accuracy and reliability.

Way to go CASIO!!!!!!!

My LumiNox is really nice but is only predicted to go 3-4 years on its battery.

I've been going for 2years now on my Reactor.....

Oh, and BTW, I always strive to buy spare Made in USA CR2032 batteries for my Aimpoint Micro T1s rather than the Chinese or Vietnam ones sold by the same company (Duracell).

But I was shocked, a bit surprised, and really pleased to see that the CR2016 that came out of my G-Shock with over seven years on the chronometer was made in Indonesia.

I love my Gshock. I'm on my 3rd one . My first lasted me over 8yrs thru 24/7 military use and my 2nd the last 12yrs in the service. I only got the 3rd one because I liked the gray camo color and still going strong.
Awesome watches.

Last edited:
My wife got me a G shock watch for our last anniversary. It's been a pretty good watch so far. Setting the time and date and stuff is overly complicated though.

We've been married 16 years now and one of the discussions that we've had together has been where has time gone? When did I suddenly wake up with a salt and pepper grey? How did I wake up with my oldest son blessing me with a Grandaughter?

Seeing our kids grow up and starting to make their own way in this world seriously makes one ponder these questions. And to be most grateful for the family that holds us up when we need it most and makes us happy and gives us our "reason".

So, she bought me the G shock watch so I could keep track of each second better and to remind me to stop taking as many for granted ;)

upload_2017-2-5_13-45-1.jpeg

You guys heap high praise on the G-Shock watches. I go to the web and find dozens of faces.

Cough up some pix and explain what you like and dislike about your config. I want in the club! Thanx.

Back