• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My first reloads turned out alright

Any advice on eliminating static buildup?

Other than perhaps touching the scale body occasionally to make sure it's discharged?

PS/
I told you I'd start loading eventually.

I never did find a trick that worked for me....I eventually gave up on it and went back to the beam scale, then a Lyman digital
you have loaded some rounds , time will tell if your a reloader;).....where is your mountain of powder, wall of primers, coffee cans of projo's lol

almost every gun you own is a 9mm ?........now is the time to stock up. Tons of good priced 9mm stuff out there right now. Get your stash on, I wanna see 1000 rounds YOU loaded

Wow. Can't believe I missed this either. I've been on here daily. The used dryer sheets work great. I did probably near 1000 rounds of various brass before Nitesite told me about it. Started doing that religiously, and now my pieces come out nearly as clean as they went in. It works that well. And I've adopted Oli's trick of One Shot in a bag. Although I will say I had my first ever stuck case last night. In well over 1000 loaded rounds. I actually did 300 .223 Saturday night, and 40 Sunday night. Most time I've spent at the loading bench in months. Welcome to the club John!!!!

I don't have mountains of powders and things.

Yet.

2# of ramshot tac
3# of Longshot

May have 175-200 115 gr berry's projo's

Have 1k 147 gr Ranier in waiting for the fun quiet guns but I am waiting until I run out of the 115's so I don't have to change my seating depth until I'm out of them, then will move on to the subsonics just to make my life easier.

Don't have 1k 500 primers. Saw some Winchester small pistol primers the other day, not sure how they compare or load. Can't find any recipe's for 115 or 147 gr Winchester primer and longshot combinations posted. Hogdon told me to start at the minimum and work my way up, but they said they didn't have any specific data with that combo.

1k winchester 209's
1k Federal 209
1.2k 16 ga wads (assorted)
1k 12 ga wads (assorted)
Lee Load-all
50lb #6 shot
40lb ingot + 1oz slug mold

I'm getting there Oli. I know I'm behind the curve, but I have my plate full at the moment as it is already. And I've already shot everything I have made. A few hundred so far. I tested in every 9mm weapon I had and it functioned flawlessly at 5.2 gr.
Didn't shoot for accuracy, but didn't seem to be any different from all the stuff I've been shooting for a while on the gong.

its going to be a new obsession ......got to have "this" and "that" , got to have that mountain of stuff. I feel like a hoarder at times , like Dave says " I got da sick"

want want want ...if it isnt gun parts its this reloading habit....constant. I havent shot a round since May or June though

let me know if you need anything, but Dave is far better resource .....

What is one shot in the bag trick?

I've had to back off the buying for a while although there is always something or another I want. That whole more going out than coming in thing.

It's not like I can print my own money.

Or can I?

Let me get back to you on that. I'll let you know how it works out. If I do, mine will probably still be worth more than Uncle Sams.

Yeah, I don't trim after every firing/sizing. I can get a few reloads after the trim step. It's still a PITA

Your way is proven to work. I just use sizing wax because I can get a little bit into each case mouth and it allows me a few seconds to inspect each case if the brass came from mixed lots. But I like your way as well when I have a batch of sorted brass with the same general firing history on each case.

For rifle cases, put you clean cases in a gallon freezer bag. Spray in some Hornady One Shot sizing lube. Mix well..... its just a time saver. To lube cases.

What is one shot in the bag trick?
just like Diesel said, but for me its more of product saver and a way better method for spray lube because it gets the entire length of the case unlike spraying in a loading block
I have not had one stuck case since I adopted this method and thats the reason I started lubing rifle cases this way.

Yeah, I don't trim after every firing/sizing. I can get a few reloads after the trim step. It's still a PITA

Your way is proven to work. I just use sizing wax because I can get a little bit into each case mouth and it allows me a few seconds to inspect each case if the brass came from mixed lots. But I like your way as well when I have a batch of sorted brass with the same general firing history on each case.
I was doing some 308 and wondering if the I.S.Wax would make if "easier " to size......once fired LC 7.62 , about wanted to tear my press off the bench, those babies are tough a hell

Back