• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My JM Pro "build"

poomwah

I just got my first semi auto shotgun last night.
a 24 inch 930 JM Pro. Got a great deal and great service from a dealer in Defiance, OH called Hammer Tactical. Great people, I highly recommend them.
I2EnDdZ.jpg

not really going to be much of a build. Not a whole lot planned for it. Basics really, sling, ghost ring sight, better magazine follower, and of course, PAINT. Haven't decided how I'm going to paint it yet. Might go camo on the whole thing, might go camo on just the furniture, MIGHT actually go bright and shiny on the furniture. I know that's more of benchrest thing, but I think it might look pretty slick on one of these. And if it doesn't, its just paint :p

first things first, want to start out right, so I stripped the weapon and removed all the factory lubrication and perservative, along with a fair amount of dirt.
qTYhyhF.jpg

Left the trigger alone (has a beautiful trigger already), aside from cleaning I left the cylinder and piston alone. But everything else, if it moved, it got polished. where the bolt rides on the slide, where the slide rides in the receiver, the mag tube, the chamber, the inside of the pusher. It's all super slick now :]

Had my first experience with Mossberg customer service today, and I must say they were EXTREMELY polite.
I took the stock off and was about to install the drop plate and spacer. Turns out, they didn't give me a drop spacer. I have TWO .250 RISE spacers. They said they would send me a whole set out.
Not sure how long it will take, or if the new set will have an extra rise and no drop spacer, but so far I'm REALLY impressed with their customer service.

finally got to shoot it, a LITTLE, not as much as I would have liked to.
Fired 25 rounds of #4 buck with no issues at all.
All I had left was some federal #7 target loads. Maybe a bit pre-mature to try something so light. but with my polishing the internals, I'm sure it sped up the breaking in significantly.
So, put 25 rounds of bird shot through it. had one mis-fire, but it was not a cycling issue, it was actually a fail to fire. the live round was in the chamber, and the bolt was in battery. It just clicked and didn't fire the round. It was the only malfunction so far.
To put it lightly, I am VERY pleased

I knew you would enjoy her.... real nice rig & that was some great pre shooting work you did that payed nice dividends [emoji106]

oh yeah, I'm glad I took the time to do it. and my god YES, I am SO in love with this gun.
I ordered a limb saver recoil pad (the kind that goes on your shoulder, not on the gun) to let me have fun longer.
Now I still need to pick my sights, sling mounts, and decide on whether I'm putting a light on it or not. I've got an Inforce WML on my pump that I might transfer over to the JM.
Oh yeah, and I STILL have to decide on my paint job.... any suggestions?

I have a set of TruGlo fiber optic sights on my 930 and really like them. The Pro Magnum Gobble Dots are the best fully adjustable steel rifle type sights out there in my opinion. There bright in any kind of sunlight even at dusk. I never have used ghost rings but I hear they are fast. .

Bossharp, thanks , I'll check them out. I've never actually used ghost rings sights on a shotgun. I've used them on rifles. And I've shouldered a few shotguns that had a ghost ring rear and a fluorescent front blade and they were SO nice for target acquisition

Not so much an upgrade or a modification. Just a personalization.
I saw a picture someone posted of a rack of shotguns and commented about how at times its hard to pick out your own shotgun.
I don't have to worry about that anymore :p
lAXK4jc.jpg

I put a sticker to one of the local gun clubs on my JM Pro. Come to think about it, I may need to make it a little more personal.

Back