• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Mossy 500 updates/upgrades

Bought a new 18.5" barrel for my recently acquired 500 since the previous owner decided to cut the original ribbed barrel from 28" to 18" and didn't square it off even re-crowned it. Some might not agree but I then converted it to bullpup with the Bullpup Unlimited kit. Currently I camouflaged it, it's toped with a holographic sight and angled forearm grip. Now I'm trying to figure out how to mount a side saddle or even if I want one. Not sure I want to added weight. I just bought a 4-round Tactical Scorpion Gear Polymer 12GA Universal Shotshell Carrier Shotgun. Not sure if I like it or not since it has to be attached to a belt that's at least 1.75-2.00" wide to hold it securely. Thought about a 90 degree offset rail to add top picatinny rail and then attach a 5-round shotshell carrier. Any thoughts on a shotshell carrier or what you might be using and any pictures.? Check the classified ads for some tactical item I have for sale.

Attachments

• MyBull1.jpg
    MyBull1.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 19
  • caddy.jpg
    caddy.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 17
  • rail.jpg
    rail.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 17
  • carrier.jpg
    carrier.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 16
Don't worry if anyone doesn't like the bullpup. It belongs to you. You need to be happy with it. End of story.

I have no idea how you'd mount a shell carrier, other than epoxy and screws.

Oh I don't really worry about what others might think of the bullpup. Anyway IF I were to go with mounting a side saddle I'd have to use the offset rail, attach it to the Picatinny Rail on top like I mounted the sight and then attach a carrier to take. I'm going to get a new 13/4-2" and see how that Tactical Scorpion Shotshell Carrier works

Back