• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My new Hobby

I picked up a Mossberg Silver Reserve, very nice starter skeet gun. My Son and I are gonna give Skeet a try at my club seeing it's the premier skeet setup in the northeast.

Well, here she is and it shoots awesome though I haven't shot Skeet yet.

Real nice piece of work for the $$..

Sweet, got to love skeet shooting. My Grandpa was real big into it and I had a great time shooting skeet with him. Skeet burns tons of rounds, thats when I got experience reloading shot shells as well, with a nice gun like that its even sweeter, Gramps had some Ithaca’s and Benelli's that would put me into bankruptcy

Congratulations on your new Mossberg Silver Reserve! Skeet is awesome but it can be quite frustrating at first. I would check over in the competition section and look for the skeet thread; I post a link to "Benders Cheat Sheet" which is very helpful when your first starting off.

Yea, Congrats on the new O/U Dave...that's a good looking clay buster !!

I'll stick with golf...I shouldn't have a gun in my hand when I'm mad... ;)

=================================================================

SKEET FUDAMENTALS

Skeet shooting is a sport in which participants use shotguns to shoot at clay targets tossed into the air at high speed by spring devices called traps, which are located in small structures called houses. Two houses – one high house on the left and one low house on the right – are set facing each other at the two end points of a semicircular skeet field and launch targets when a shooter gives a call. Seven shooting stations are located along the semicircular arc of the field and the eighth one midway on the chord joining the corner stations 1 and 7.

The high house launches targets from a height of 10 feet and the low one from a height of 3.5 feet, to reach a height of 15 feet at a distance of 18 feet away from station 8. This point is called the crossing point, the point where targets from the high and low houses cross each other.

The targets are flung diagonally across and directly away from the field of vision of the shooters, who are positioned at one of the eight shooting stations.

=================================================================

Very nice!
I've always wanted an O/U shotgun.

I'm entertaining the idea of getting one of these or a Remington 1100 Classic Trap. I've been doing a lot of reading on both.

Give us a review on it when you can.

OldMan said:
Very nice!
I've always wanted an O/U shotgun.

I'm entertaining the idea of getting one of these or a Remington 1100 Classic Trap. I've been doing a lot of reading on both.

Give us a review on it when you can.

I love my Mossberg pump guns but the rep for the Turkish made O/U's has only recently started to get better.

I do shoot TONS of Trap rounds and my gun for that is a 1966, 1100. When it breaks, and it has, I have all the parts needed to get me back on the Trap line in a few minutes.

Edit:

I should add that I MAY be looking for a Silver Reserve in .410. It would not see 1000's of rounds a year and may be good for some fun on the Skeet field.

Back