• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My new laser sight

Wrenches

.270 WIN
I ordered a laser sight from OpticsPlanet and it came in yesterday. I have it mounted on my HiPoint 4095TS carbine. I took it to the range today and I found that the laser drifts to the right. I'm new to this so is it defective? Or something that happens to everyone at times.

It's a NC Star ARLSG Green Laser Sight. By the way I sent an Email to OpticsPlanet about it.

Could you be more specific about what "drifts to the right" means?

And I must beg your pardon, but from what hardware store did that mount come from?

It means that I have to readjust the screw back to where I had it set. The mount came with the laser.

The quality of NC Star stuff is pretty spotty.

I've had a couple of their products that were decent for the price, but others that were complete junk. If you're having to recalibrate the laser after a few shots, then it is definitely not doing what it's supposed to. Most of the NC Star stuff I ever used went on .22lr or small caliber rifles. Don't think I would ever expect any of their products to hold up under the abuse of 12 gauge recoil.

Mounting things to a shotgun or larger caliber carbine separates quality products from cheaply made crap in a big hurry...

Might have been.

Have you contacted the manufacturer or OpticsPlanet to see what options you have?

20 rounds and the carbon is going to start to cover the lens if you keep it mounted there

I went with crimson trace.
I will mount it soon and give it a whirl and report back.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

I like hi point carbines. Wish I had one.

Also, nice amp in the background ;)

Forgot to update this thread. Got an Email from OpticsPlanet with the link on RMA. Turned out I need a printer to print out a form and I told them I don't have one. They said then I'll have to send it back on my dime with a photocopy of the invoice. I said forget it I'll just keep it. Later while I was working on it the PC board came off the laser. I hot glued the board back on and resoldered the contacts. This time the board is straight like it should've been in the first place. I drilled out the dimple that the plate tether on and made it flat against the head with the adjustment screws tightened. It's not adjustable anymore but the laser is pretty much parallel with the bore. That's how I like it.

I went ahead and got the laser that a member suggested (what I should've got in the first place) as the price went down to $28 and it shipped from China. Works good and very bright green laser. It's 1mw, not .5mw like most others.

Can you beat that? It's cheaper than the NcStar I have and work better, looks better built too. It's so bright that you can see the beam in low light/dark. I'm using the barrel mount that came with the NcStar.

Back