• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My new sidearm!

Alright everyone, I finally did it. I just put a down payment on a brand new Smith and Wesson 686+ Pro Series .357 Magnum Revolver. After weeks of research I decided on going with the wheel gun over the semi-auto due to it's lower need for maintenance and excellent reliability. Mainly the same reasons I went with my pump action Mossberg over an auto loader. This baby has a 7 round cylinder, 5" bbl and is already cut for moon clips. I loved the 686+ 4"bbl I rented at the range and felt it was worth the extra $70 to get the 5" bbl, moon clip cut cylinder and the modern looking design. Eventually I'll get a sweet semi-auto as well but for now I'm perfectly happy. I'm paying the other half once my ten day waiting period is over and I get back from my trip to Florida, but here's a picture from the Internet for now.
dbdae5d3.jpg

Deadwhitegoose said:
haha ya, its like my sneak attack round, or lucky number 7. Whichever works for you

:lol: well since my first one is usually my sneak attack round I like lucky number 7 ! That would be a sweet engraving "Lucky Number 7" right on the flat side of the barrel

Congratulations! I haven't owned a wheel gun yet but at some point I want to. Let us know what you think of your new S&W after throwing a good amount of lead down range.

And here it is! Just picked it up this morning. I love it. Ironically it has 777 engraved on the inside of the cylinder swing. The Smith and Wesson 686-6 Plus Pro Series .357 Magnum Revolver.
467e8572.jpg

And the S&W with it's Mossberg big brother.
92db6c9f.jpg

I really need to complete my collection as well...

Congrats on such a beautiful piece.

Nice piece man...!! Gotta love the platform, all of the versatility and stopping power of the .357 Magnum round and the shootability of the .38 Special.

My very first new firearm was a S&W K-Frame Model 19-4, blued with a 6" barrel...TT TH RR WO...the perfect target hammer. My second buy was a used S&W Model 13-3, factory nickeled ( they're usually blued ) with a 3" bull barrel.

SWM13357MAGsmall-1.jpg

Post a range report when you get a chance...

Back