• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

my "new to me" 50cal ammo can

John A. said:
stigmata said:
closer look for a POSITIVE ID..... seems John A was right all along.....

:ugeek:

I just thought that was worth repeating. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All jokes aside, you did good on the prep work and paint.

thanks john.... had to give you props on the propper ID of my ammo can.... :mrgreen:

Cool man...but the hell with what it looks like on the outside, is the seal dried out or is it in nice soft condition? If the seal under the top cover is NOT dried out....ya did good. And with some desent packs your ammo will last forever!!!

LUGI said:
Cool man...but the hell with what it looks like on the outside, is the seal dried out or is it in nice soft condition? If the seal under the top cover is NOT dried out....ya did good. And with some desent packs your ammo will last forever!!!

Yeah the seal is perfect and still waterproof. Just wanted to clean it up a bit and then I'll probably put a few stickers on it for looks.....

stigmata said:
LUGI said:

Yeah the seal is perfect and still waterproof. Just wanted to clean it up a bit and then I'll probably put a few stickers on it for looks.....

Nice!!! :D

stigmata said:
old mossy said:
don't forget the finish pics. :)
You know I will. They'll be coming soon.
I work on it when I get time and it gives the paint time to dry as well. :cool:

looking forward to them. :)

UPDATE. Well I finally finished the ammo can guys.....
I haven't forgot about posting the pics just got to upload them and post here the NEW refurbished ammo can....
Came out looking sweet..... pics to follow.

we are patiently waiting,,,,,,,,

:D

Attachments

• foot-tapping-300x234.jpg
    foot-tapping-300x234.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 103
OK so the wait is finally over......

IMG_20130219_202020_zpsc727fe80.jpg

IMG_20130219_202726_zps8ee04760.jpg

IMG_20130219_202849_zpsd2e4e013.jpg

IMG_20130219_204733_zps29804b62.jpg

Set 2 of refinished pics....

IMG_20130219_205054_zpsc4df79ff.jpg

IMG_20130219_210619_zps87fd47a6.jpg

I tried to save as much of the stenciling as I could to keep that original look but it was a bit difficult as most was spray painted over and no matter how careful u are its still a delicate process. But I did learn tips for my next one.... :D

I know its been a long time comming but finally had time to put it all on here and finish this resto...
Thx old mossy for the high marks on my work... :lol:

Back