• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

my "new to me" 50cal ammo can

stigmata said:
I know its been a long time comment but finally had time to put it all on here and finish this resto...
Thx old mossy for the high marks on my work... :lol:

you did a great job. now you have an ammo can to be proud of, and maybe some day to pass on. :)

old mossy said:
stigmata said:
I know its been a long time comment but finally had time to put it all on here and finish this resto...
Thx old mossy for the high marks on my work... :lol:

you did a great job. now you have an ammo can to be proud of, and maybe some day to pass on. :)

Yes sir.... Nothing like passing on what you once enjoined... Thx again.

I think it's kind of cool that a thread on refinishing an ammo can can go for 3 pages. We have such diversity here.

We done sir, that can came out great.

MikeD said:
I think it's kind of cool that a thread on refinishing an ammo can can go for 3 pages. We have such diversity here.

We done sir, that can came out great.

Got to love it ..... (But i did drag it out a bit due to this being a side project when i had time)
This is one of the best forums I have ever been a part of!

Just wanted to put some ideas out there as to what can b done with a little time and determination.

Glad you all like the end result, I know I do, without any real major work such as pounding out minor dents or refilling paint chips. after all it was an ammo can that was beat up a bit and I think gives it character for its use... :cool:

Itsricmo said:
Wow dude! That is awesome! What color did you use?? Ammo Can Green? lol

Thanks bro....
You figured out my mystery color :evil: :lol:

I was actually going after a darker green but all wal-mart had at the time I started this was a "SAGE" green, so thats what i had to work with..... Maybe it will "age" to a darker shade after a few years.... :mrgreen:

lol keep it away from direct sunlight and you will be just fine! You set that puppy in a window or something and it will turn to a real nice shade of light green you will hate :lol:

No OD Green in the el-cheapo cans?

Back