1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

my non NFA home defense firearm

Discussion in 'Tactical And Home Defense' started by 00Buck, Sep 4, 2014.

1. 00Buck

00Buck .22LR

[​IMG]
    Legal per ATF
    John A. and LAZY EYED SNIPER like this.
  2. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Good lookin' stick!:)
  3. 00Buck

00Buck .22LR

Work in progress
    Light attachment and laser soon
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Oh c'mon man, details! We need details...
  5. 00Buck

00Buck .22LR

16 inch bbl 28 inch overall
    Grip by Shockwave Technology
    They also have the atf paperwork approval for this type firearm on their site
  6. Tom396

Tom396 .30-06

Looks like that grip could be used to file down your calluses, too. Take care. Tom Worthington
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

I'm very familiar with the particulars of the configuration and it's legality, but knew from the looks of yours that it wasn't a 14" barrel. Did you do the chop, drill, and tap yourself? Oh and I'm assuming yours began life as a factory pistol grip only model, yes?
  8. 00Buck

00Buck .22LR

Yes pistol grip firearm
    Yes chop job by me , was a breacher barrel with breacher cut off
    Sight was already on it in right location
    I did some barrel swapping with my other Mossburgs to make this as I always wanted a snub nosed shotgun for home defense and the fun factor .
    And it has been a blast at the range , although I admit 15 20 rounds is about all the funi can take

The friction tape has been sanded down to provide a grip without abrasion concerns
  9. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Good deal, you know we've gotta ask to clarify for any unfamiliar members reading the thread.

For anyone interested, this type of non-NFA configuration is only viable if the firearm came from the factory in a pistol grip only configuration and has never had a buttstock installed. Technically the firearm is not classified as a shotgun, or a pistol, and as long as the overall length remains over 26" then the firearm cannot be classified as an AOW and requires no ATF approval or tax stamp.

Nicely done and that makes sense.

I have a couple with breacher barrels and the sights are set back in a perfect spot for the length you chose. Looks great...
    John A. and aksavanaman like this.
  10. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Lupumpara! :)

Pachmayr has a "revolver" style grip called the Vindicator.

Attached Files:

• th.jpg
      th.jpg
      File size:
      9.1 KB
      Views:
  11. LAZY EYED SNIPER

^ Poblem there is that Pachmayr grip doesn't extend rearward far enough to keep the weapon OAL over 26". Installing the Pachmayr grip on the firearm pictured above would classify it as an AOW and would require ATF Form 1 approval and a $200 tax stamp...
  12. 00Buck

00Buck .22LR

And IMO That shows the ridiculousness of the current state of laws.
    But they are what they are
    LAZY EYED SNIPER and aksavanaman like this.
  13. LAZY EYED SNIPER