• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My single shot journey to 12gauge

Ok, i cleaned this up for a bit better assesment of the ole girl at 40yds on say a turkey head, no didn't take art.....
Pic basically self explains, but that's zoomed in 40yds view, used0207191113.jpg 0207191021_HDR.jpg a shooting stick , left with a,7.5 high speed dove load 12 hits head neck. Right is a favored heavy #6 (1 1/4) 13 hits. I cant say for sure I dont know but I believe both would be kill shots the 6 probably more reliable effective on such a big Bird. Soooo why cause, I like know,limitations. Also, can ya use a 100 dollar gun cheap shells instead of 3.5 inch cartlidge destroyers in a gun with a choke that cost more than my single ? Yes within limits, if ya need to bust one at 60 yd gotta spend $$ im just gonna git a lil closer myself bad shoulders.

Last edited:
My H&R 12 gauge shortened to 18.5" with Choate stock. That stock stores a lot of ammo, as well the forend. I have two adapters for it so I can shoot 20 G and 410.
vE84m23.jpg

Back