• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My wife got me a present

About 6 months ago my wife's oldest brother passed away and he had a few bucks, RIP Don. Like I said in my introduction we are a Subaru heavy family, 17 of the immediate family own them. In 2012 I sold my 2002 12.85 sec 127mph in the qtr mile WRX daily driver with 135K miles(her name was Angie) So our son did some looking around (behind my back) and the wife got me an early Christmas present. Her name is Sandy. 2016 STI with 51K on her. Spent 98% of her life in NevadaIMG_20210921_193029289.jpg

I like that blue color. That's sharp. The bronze rims compliment the color too. I wouldn't have thought that would have been a good combination, but after seeing it, I think it is.

Looks really good.

I like that blue color. That's sharp. The bronze rims compliment the color too. I wouldn't have thought that would have been a good combination, but after seeing it, I think it is.

Looks really good.
At first I was not a fan of the combination but it has grown on me. And that is WRB World Ralley Blue. The only color Subaru uses on it rally team cars. I was totally BLOWN away !!! I guess after 29 years she still loves me and knows what I love besides her and my 2A

Last edited:
IMG_20211007_215625834.jpgThis is Angie. Man I miss her, but I did call her new owner and ask if he would sell me the MOMO shift knob I put on her. He said he did change it after he bought her and he would give it to me he just has to find it. It's in the new shift knob box and it is someplace he finds it!

I bought a Subaru in 1981, the year they stole JD Powers from Benz. Little red 1600cc Coupe. First new car I ever owned.

Right after I bought it, the company I worked for closed our plant, and I ended up towing a trailer all over California with that Subaru. My first wife and I did arts and craft shows for money. Never missed a payment.

I designed and welded and installed the trailer hitch on the Subaru myself, and it was welded with a torch and a hammer because I had no electric equipment in those days.

I built it out of parts of a 60s Mustang trailer hitch and a piece of scrap steel from the Air Force. No pix unfortunately. When my kids got a little bigger (7 and 5) I sold it and bought a Dodge van because there was no rear leg room in the car.

Anyhow that was a terrific little car, and in the 65,000 miles I drove it it never hiccuped once.

I bought a Subaru in 1981, the year they stole JD Powers from Benz. Little red 1600cc Coupe. First new car I ever owned.

Right after I bought it, the company I worked for closed our plant, and I ended up towing a trailer all over California with that Subaru. My first wife and I did arts and craft shows for money. Never missed a payment.

I designed and welded and installed the trailer hitch on the Subaru myself, and it was welded with a torch and a hammer because I had no electric equipment in those days.

I built it out of parts of a 60s Mustang trailer hitch and a piece of scrap steel from the Air Force. No pix unfortunately. When my kids got a little bigger (7 and 5) I sold it and bought a Dodge van because there was no rear leg room in the car.

Anyhow that was a terrific little car, and in the 65,000 miles I drove it it never hiccuped once.
You never forget your first Subaru.

Speaking of my first CaddmannQ. Logan Angie's new owner Logan brought her by yesterday. 198K miles on her, garaged,no snow and no rain. I told his if he ever decides to sell her and doesn't call me I will brutalize and abuse his corpse after I kill him. He laughed, out son will and my wife Mary looked at me like WTH!! Now keep in mind this is a 20 yIMG_20211010_183149217.jpg IMG_20211010_183212815.jpg IMG_20211010_183535983.jpg r old car that has spent her entire life in IN. And she looks as good as the day I passed her to another person that is as passionate about Subarus as I am, with some $ thrown inIMG_20211010_182934593.jpg

Had a Subaru club meet at our local supporting dealer, Tom Wood Subaru. New and old together. I was expecting a cat fight but the got along.IMG_20211118_194905137.jpg

Back