• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Natchezss Crossbow Sale

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
FYI

Natchezss is running a sale on Horton bows right now with some great deals:

--Link Removed --

I'm thinking of upgrading my own setup....

EDIT: I have removed the link, I cannot wholeheartedly recommend this sale knowing that the company has gone defunct.

Sorry, just found out Horton's gone out of business and that's what they bows are so cheap. I thought they were just end of model year closeouts.

Looks like they were picked up by Ten Point so looking to see how I plays out.

I'm a little worried though as I ordered one......

Got the bow today.

The Good: The Horton Fury is a work of art. it really is a beautiful crossbow, very lightweight and compact with the reverse limb technology.

The Bad:
  • The bow had obviously been used. There is wear on the rail and string serving.
  • There was no owners manual or setup instructions
  • The box was very damaged.
  • The limbs were tweeked a bit causing the cams to not line up perectly which caused the string to set at an angle across the rail. (This was the deal breaker)

I've already filled out the return order, packaged it back up and am just waiting for UPS to pick it up.

I can deal with a lot of stuff but tweaked limbs on a bow when there is no warranty or replacement parts is not one of them.

My lack or product research has cost me a bit but lesson learned. Sorry if anyone else gets a lemon out of this. I removed the link from my original post.

Update - Finally got my money back for the bow, it was credited back into the account while I was out of town.

No questions asked, they refunded the price of the bow, original shipping and return shipping. I honestly only expected a refund of the actual sale price of the bow.

I got a bad bow but they took care of me!! Love companies with good CS.

I'm reposting this as it was posted by an employee of Natchezss on another Forum regarding their closouts.

I am a huge supported of companies that have good CS. I've already made another order for some other gear from Natchezss.

Hey guys,

My name is Brian and I work at Natchez. I am in the sales department and I also help quite a bit in the customer service department. I just wanted to share our side of this Horton deal and maybe answer some questions.

First off, we bought the bows off a liquidator, not Horton. We purchased roughly 2000 of these bows and have sold about 1500 of them so far. Out of those we have had about 75 returned. We did not inspect every bow before it went out. This is not something we typically do. Had we known there were going to be so many issues, we would have, but hind sight is 20/20.

When we announced the sale we sold a lot of them very quickly. By the time we learned there was a problem with some of them, hundreds of them had been sold. At that time the "sold as new" description" was removed from the website and we starting inspecting the remaining bows in inventory.

As you can see from the numbers above its a very small percentage of bows that have issues. Most are very minor. For the customers that are missing items we are trying to send out parts. This is not an easy process as we are having to find parts from bows that are sent back and it is very time consuming. However, we are working on it. The problem is we are starting to run out of parts from the bows we have on hand. We are trying to buy some leftover parts from the liquidators but I am not sure as of now when we will receive them.

Some customers have elected to send the bow back instead of keeping it. This is fine if it is done within our 15 day return policy. If you get a bow and want to keep it, contact us asap with any problems, and we will take care of you the best we can.

As to some reports of bows looking used and not in new condition the percentages are also very small. Again, we did not know the condition of the bows before they were shipped. Contact us and we will make it right.

Lastly if you have a problem with a bow please call our office at 1-800-251-7839. Email is not the best option. If you are just missing an owners manual, email orders@natchezss.com and we can get you one pretty quickly.

We are working at making the best of this situation in a timely manner but please be patient with us if you are missing parts.

Thanks,

Brian

Back