• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ND: Red Flag bill loses in ND House of Reps

Scoop

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Red Flag bill goes down after emotional floor debate
BISMARCK, N.D. - After emotionally charged testimony on the House floor, House bill 1537 failed overwhelmingly with a 76-17 vote Tuesday.

Rep. Karla Rose Hanson, D-Fargo, says she introduced the bill after an incident in her Fargo neighborhood where a police officer was shot.

Hanson added there would be due process in every step.

Opponents of the bill say the bill didn’t do enough to protect due process and the law infringed on the second amendment.

Representative Steve Vetter, R-Grand Forks, recounted testimony in the committee hearing that this bill would adversely effect combat veterans.

The dems/libs are really stepping it up these days. This is basically what I thought would happen had Hillary been elected. Now it is happening what seems like every week. Chipping away at our rights and making it seem like the normal progression. The 2020 election is going to be so very important to this nation.

The democratic candidates for president are like sharks in a feeding frenzy. Trying to see who can swing farthest left in the shortest amount of time. I only hope the conservatives/republicans can pull together at this critical time and put our nation in front of their personal wants and needs.

elected reps, on both sides, unfortunately put their personal wants and needs ahead of the people that elected them. The system is corrupt to the core.

When they allowed "activists" to start "donating", that assured that they could have an avenue to be bought off by the highest bidder.

This is why the quite modest salary of elected officials is between $174000 and $225000 a year but their net worth is often in the many millions and tens of millions of dollars.

If you do the math, it will certainly not add up to their salary.

When you put the wolf in charge of the hen house, the wolf will feast whenever it wants to.

Liars, cheats, and crooks get ahead in politics. That's why they will do anything to stay in office. Sad as it may seem, I think the days of even hoping for term limits is long gone, as are the days of politicians actually doing what is right for the country.

I think todays appearance before congress by Michael Cohen while the president is in Vietnam trying to bring lasting peace to the Korean peninsula and that part of the world is more than coincidence. The left knows that will get more air time than the summit. It's all about the politics (power) to them. They put their greed and wants above the country every day.

I happen to agree with everything you wrote. As much as it saddens me.

The Oklahoma governor, Kevin Stitt, signed the constitutional carry bill into law this afternoon. The irony is the way the news media portrays this, " now anyone can carry a gun without a background check". Now, that being said, I would hope all new gun owners get some training. I think this is a great opportunity for gun ranges and gun shops to make a concerted effort to educate. Ranges could partner with the shop owners to help train new gun buyers.

I'm not sure about how or the details. I do have my own ideas, but I don't own either.

Of course they're going to say that anyone can carry without a background check.

And in my opinion is as it should be.

But anyone that's prohibited to have a gun, by default is prohibited from carrying a gun. You'd think simple logic would not elude so many people.

Anyone interested in having their CCW license, I'm sure the state is still going to offer the classes for anyone that wants to attend them and I'm sure they're still going to accept the citizens hard earned money for the opportunity. (that was sarcasm but a sincere form of it).

I personally thought it was a huge waste of time, resources and mostly redundant.

Though, I'm sure that anyone new to guns would be interested in learning more.

But you have a right to be stupid and no amount of training or classes is going to change that.

When it comes to logic and or common sense there is a severe shortage going around. I carried a gun in my car for many years before I had a CCL. As far as I know I haven't so much as threatened anyone or shot anyone.

I tell anyone that will listen it's not the gun. It's the person that uses it in a bad or irresponsible manner.

Back