• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

***NDAA ALERT*** This is no joke...

Grumpy, this is the course I fear too when we look ahead to where this could conceivably go.

I dont think no one will speak out. I think protests would be inevitable first... rioting, looting, violence and generally large scale civil disobedience. I forsee refugees trying to escape in droves, possibly to Canada. I would anticipate the borders being closed and sealed for a change.

I think youre right in that it would happen silently at first, and like the poem no one saying anything cuz it will be just a few here and there and they will be the "terrorists". When it comes close to home and people begin realizing that not all if any are actually terrorists, then the protests will begin and then those will be labeled "Suspect" and rounded up.

This is the extreme, but it is in fact possible now.

Iran is potentially a serious threat, but I feel if anything is done it will be for political gain and re-election.

If Obama is re-elected, he isnt up for office again and I think the gloves come off. We're goin to see the real agenda and I think complete consolidation of power. Case in point; The recent appointments were non-recess/recess appointments. Obama made appointments and stated publically, if Congress wasnt going to do their job, he would take control and do what needed to be done. (I'm paraphrasing)

Obama said:
"Every day that Richard waits to be confirmed is another day when millions of Americans are left unprotected," the president will say. "Without a director in place, the consumer watchdog agency we've set up is left without the tools it needs to prevent dishonest mortgage brokers, payday lenders and debt collectors from taking advantage of consumers. That's inexcusable. It's wrong. And I refuse to take 'no' for an answer.

"I've said before that I will continue to look for every opportunity to work with Congress to move this country forward. But when Congress refuses to act in a way that hurts our economy and puts people at risk, I have an obligation as President to do what I can without them. I have an obligation to act on behalf of the American people. I will not stand by while a minority in the Senate puts party ideology ahead of the people they were elected to serve. Not when so much is at stake. Not at this make-or-break moment for the middle class."

I bumped this type of thread elsewhere, also on other gun forums, they were ultimately either closed or people just did not care. It's unfortunate but I think the majority of people are either scared to post or are just apathetic. So many have gotten soft and have lost their appetite for liberty. This thread is a perfect example, the posters are repeat posters for the most part. And I mean that with no disrespect.....

They have always had the ability to keep tabs on suspicious activities. It just required it be done within our laws and with oversight and accountability. Apparently that wasn't good enough, I don't know? Looks like they feel they need to take it up several nothches.

Drones?
As long as they are used for patrolling the borders and coast lines, why not use them in that capacity?

John, good lookin out, thanks for the post!

I had heard this but hadnt seen any thing on it yet. I first heard about it on Glenn Beck, GBTV.

In some cases, such as the needs of law enforcement agencies, I dont know I have a specific issue if it keeps officers on the ground safer as the drones can provide advance knowledge and details benefiting LEOs.

There are definite concerns however over private ownership and how the drones are intended to be used to gather info on private citizens who are not trying to cross a border with gus and drugs.

Thanks for the help here Gunner! I do really appreciate it!

Just a quick update;

There was a vote on an ammendment, today I believe, that would have eliminated the language of indefinite detention.

The majority voted against it and the language remains.

This thread has been dead for almost a year but have read most of it with great interest.

I think the current situation in the US (gun control issue) is well served by the legislation mentioned in this thread. Rossingnol and others mentioned hesitating calling themselves conspiracy theorists because much craziness is associated with that term.

I think that whether by malevolent design or blind insecurity the US has allowed or forced this scenario onto the people. Sad indeed and far from theory from what I can tell and heavy on the conspiracy.

I will also offer that Rossingnol's assertion that people leaving their belief in the Almighty for a belief in celebrity or power or self or whatever other thing you can think of has greatly damaged our moral compass. Rather, people are now condemning their heritage as what is bad about this world rather than seeing it as what made North America great and made us stand and prosper while others fell. Now, we dishonor God to our own hurt.

All great empires fall, North American society will not stand forever. History condemns us to defeat, however disheartening that is to see....history always seems to repeat itself. Unfortunately, success eventually leads to excess and indulgence. These lead to apathy and finally to enslavement...right where we started. Man seems incapable of tending a fruitful garden season after season, eventually he comes to expect it to yield its plenty without his work and is sadly disappointed when it doesn't.

Can we write a new script? I don't know. What I do know is that we're afraid to leave the comfort we've become accustomed to in order to fight. As a society we sit back and wait to see if everyone else is going to do something about it before we jump up and act. We certainly wouldn't want to be the guy thrown in prison for speaking out and consequently everyone else clams up and we are left to rot. Fear keeps us here, in our houses, in our jobs looking out for ourselves while other forces try to undo what our forefathers worked so hard for.

I may be Canadian by birth but I am American, British, Scottish and Irish by heritage. If the US falls, so will Canada and the rest of western society will fall right along with it.

Our current situation is even more serious than 1930s Germany, on a par with 1917 Russia. We have 3 - 5 decades head start in the decline of society. What's worse, adding to the moral decay mentioned above; intentional educational brainwashing starting in grade school up through university. This includes all the documented laments taught about founding fathers/white guilt, "self-esteem" training so one will feel good while screwing up. Accomplishment is selfish, exceptionalism is bad. History is not taught or rewritten to support current liberal dogma. One recent news item, a teacher was teaching that the 2A was not actually a Constitutional right. Some new teaching script that has come out. A gun parent just discovered this. Couple this with all the "entertainment" (diversion) hype, no one cares. They just sit on their butt, as sheep in waiting. When I talk to my nephew, who is now in his early 20's, we sometimes go about current events or history. I am astounded by what crap he was "taught". Thankfully he is aware of the problem and doesn't stick to the dogma. (Or the catma) I could go on, most here I bet know most of it.

I'm no expert on history myself, but I do know that many different tactics are employed by those who would want to enslave us and/or profit from us. Jeffy, I do agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments on the decline of Western society and moral decay that includes both sides of our mutual border and western Europe as well.

All of western society is inextricably linked...once the giant falls...the rest will follow. The European union is already a financial disaster as mentioned above. And here in Canada....well if the US is in flames there will not likely be any safe haven here either.

Remember 911? We acted as if we were one nation. When the word went out everything stopped, period. Every plane was on the ground from Texas to DC from Ontario to British Columbia...nothing moved. F18's were flying over my house, how 'bout yours? Of course! I didn't know if I should even go to work that day...I thought we were at war. However, I did go that afternoon and saw more airborne warbirds than at an airshow. My mom was coming home to Vancouver 3 days after 911 from Calgary, Alberta on a regular domestic flight...there were armed FBI agents on her flight.

What I'm trying to say is that we are more alike than different and my parents loved JFK probably as much as your folks did. Our societies though sovereign in their own right are so intertwined. I have relatives in the US and my grandmother was born there.

We are in as much jeopardy up here as you are down there.

I too have family in the Ontario area.

Exactly...once the SHTF starts, there are no borders.

Back