1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Need a Shooting Bench and Gun Rack?

Discussion in 'Mossberg 464 Lever Action' started by COSteve, Apr 30, 2018.

1. COSteve

COSteve .22LR

I needed 2 benches, one for me and one for my son, that I could fold to take in the truck so I made these. I started with a set of 28" Rugged Buddy legs and used their shooting bench idea with a bit of tweaking.

[​IMG]

They fold up really well and with the shorter 28" versions they take up a lot less room in the truck. I just use a stool rather than a chair to sit on (again, it's smaller and takes up less room). Each one cost me under $75 and they are first class.

[​IMG]

I also made a set of adjustable front rests too. I just slip on as many spacers as I want and am good to go. I had everything but the leather rest so I've got about $9 in each of them.

[​IMG]

They work well when we go out in the plains for some longer range shooting.

[​IMG]

I've had them for years and they are solid and work great.

BTW: I also made the gun rack. It also folds flat to everything fits in the truck. I had the scrap wood, hardware, stain, and even the felt and glue. The only thing I bought was the brass chain so I've got like $2.80 in it.

[​IMG]
    Blackknight, Bobster, Djcala and 6 others like this.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

That's really nice.

I just use one of those little 4x4' folding poker tables.

I like your rifle rack too.
  3. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite Member "Philanthropist"

Nice work, I need to build another shooting bench. My last was made with 2x6, and 3/4 OSB board, very sturdy, but not very portable. The weather got to it after several years, and I got tired of mowing around it. Your simple folding setup may just be the ticket.
  4. lonestarjeff

lonestarjeff .410 Supporter

Nice work all around.
    Djcala likes this.