• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Needing advice on a micro dot

The PA micro dot it probably the best bargain for the price.

The Bushnell TR-25 is pretty good as well.

Both have worked well for me and have been pretty durable.

@ripjack13 - How long does it continue to glow without fading out?

lemme check...i'll leave it out today for some tests. no ones home today so it'll be safe to leave stuff hanging around...

Has anyone seen the new Burris AR1x optic?

My goal was a decent optic for less than a $200, but this one may tempt me to save for a little longer. MSRP is around $275 from what I am seeing online.

Glass etched reticle that will be there with/without battery power, uses an AA battery (and we all know how big of a fan I am of that), and has a hybrid Eo outer ring with bullet drop hash marks, with a 4 MOA center dot. NV compatible, Optional 3x magnifier (which I wouldn't be using on that gun, but at least the option is available), lifetime warranty.

Seems to have everything I was looking for in it.

Hmmmm.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/ar1x.html

Ballistic-CQ-1X-Reticle.jpg

Don’t miss a thing with both eyes open shooting with the Burris AR-1X Prism Sight. The Ballistic CQ 1X reticle is made for ultra-fast shooting when the stakes are high. A black reticle is etched onto the prism so the optic is usable even without battery power, and simple push-button activation allows for instant adjustment between green or red reticle settings. Easy-to-see reticle hash marks offer trajectory compensation out to 600 yards. One lithium AA battery will yield up to 5,000+ hours of service, while the compact design leaves room on your rail for a flip-out tripler.

The nature of a CQB sight demands rugged construction and you’ll find none tougher. Featuring tethered caps, flip-up lens covers, water and fog-proofing, and lens coatings maximized for glare resistance and low-light operations – all hand-fitted to the tightest, shock-resistant tolerances. It’s even night vision compatible. Feel confident with the protection of the Burris Forever Warranty.

The Burris is still not released, so that fact alone is causing me to not buy one. LOL

On another note, I ordered a Bushnell TRS-25 and may put it on a Midwest industries AK mount for the upcoming NPAP.

I have a TRS-25 and it has quietly plugged away for a year and a half now. It was on the Mini14 for about 100 rounds and has been on the 10/22 since then for probably 2000. It still seems solid, the glass is still clear and the battery is the original. I hope you post how you like it.

I have heard a lot of positive reviews on the TRS-25.

The one I ordered from ebay finally arrived today and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had the hi riser mount included with it, even though the description and photo didn't even mention it.

I put it on the AK and I like it a lot, but I also found a TRS-32 from PSA that was on sale with a coupon for $44 shipped, so I am waiting on it to get here and mount it to see which I like better before deciding which to keep mounted.

I am saving for one of the cz evo3 scorpions that I think the lower profile trs-25 would work on that gun really well.

Back