• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nero

50 days of violence every night in Portland Oregon, and the city doesn't stop it.
When the feds offer to help they are rejected. Told to leave town, and reminded to clean the (Portland woke kid's) graffiti off the Fed building on the way out.

Why is this mayor not in jail? Do the ordinary citizens of Portland not care what happens?

So now, as a result, masked, armed DHS agents in mufti and unmarked vans have been going thru town, picking up any violator they've ID'd from video, and hauling them off in a hustle.

To where?

Well I don't know exactly. The reporter didn't say.

Now Trump never said he'd send in soldiers. He said they would move to fix the situation. I think it's now happening without fanfare.
They don't need to grab every protestor. If they get the real egregious offenders, it all falls apart.

Last edited:
What amazes me is the citizens that have allowed this crap to go on for almost two months. Just sayin it would not fly in Oklahoma.

What amazes me is the citizens that have allowed this crap to go on for almost two months. Just sayin it would not fly in Oklahoma.

Well you haven't legalized dope yet. Take warning....
I hope the nation figures out what a boondoggle it is before the states all do it.
According to postings by correspondents in Colorado's Mile High Skate Club, since legalization, the supply has been more reliable and available, but now the state gets a cut, and prices have gone up. OTOH they say fewer people go to jail.

Ok, now
Well you haven't legalized dope yet. Take warning....
I hope the nation figures out what a boondoggle it is before the states all do it.
According to postings by correspondents in Colorado's Mile High Skate Club, since legalization, the supply has been more reliable and available, but now the state gets a cut, and prices have gone up. OTOH they say fewer people go to jail.

Ok, now I am confused.

I’m just saying that I think a lot of this public craziness has been tied into the legalization of marijuana.

Fortunately, for you, Oklahoma has not crossed that bridge yet.

Also it has not turned out to be the big tax moneymaker the state governments expected. They sincerely underestimated the costs of oversight & collecting the taxes from a business which cannot use banks.

I’m just saying that I think a lot of this public craziness has been tied into the legalization of marijuana.

Fortunately, for you, Oklahoma has not crossed that bridge yet.

Also it has not turned out to be the big tax moneymaker the state governments expected. They sincerely underestimated the costs of oversight & collecting the taxes from a business which cannot use banks.

Ok, now I am back in synch. We aren't recreational use yet, but we are approved for medical use. Just from talking to people I know, this primarily gave recreational users the green light as very few if any applicants get turned down.

I have a couple of CCL friends that fall into that category. I asked them if they still own firearms and they say of course. 3 or 4 gun shop owners have told me you can't have it both ways. You either have firearms or the medical marijuana, not both, at least as far as the Feds are concerned. If the Dems get control of the White House my guess is these are the first people they will go after. Just a guess on my part.

I have real mixed feelings about this business. I think the government of Cal only made it legal at all (even "medicinal") because they were supporting certain business people who had been lobbying for decades and were ready to produce (or already producing) mass quantities. Big donors who got their inside track on billions.

Yet because banks won't touch the profits for federal reasons, so the whole business is done in US cash.

$ Billions.

Now banks would seriously love their cut of that money, and the social consequences of it all be damned! But until the Fed DOJ or DEA or DOT or whomever (or all of them) eventually comes to grips with this situation, banks are out of luck.

AND since so much is made and transacted in cash, recordkeeping for tax purposes isn't always quite kosher. Anyhow tax revenue is off by a lot, compared to what was projected. Enforcement efforts were increased.

Marijauna needs to classified as schedule 3 or at LEAST schedule 2, period. This will make it legal "nationally" leaving it up to states to decide how "legal" they want to make it. And it will allow state-to-state commerce where allowed.

To put it in perspective, Cocaine and Meth are Schedule 2! :eek:

schedule.JPG

Most, if not all of the states that have legalized marijuana also just happen be anti gun states. Could this be a back door attempt at gun confiscation down the road ?

I think the pandering was definitely for votes. The gun grabbing will be the affect it has down the road. Just another tool for the lefties to use.

By "re-scheduling" maryjane, it brings it into the "medicine" category and maybe not necessarily a disqualifier for gun ownership. At least that's my logic on the subject... ;)

Dare I say that Alcohol and Cigarettes (not fine cigars) should be put in Schedule 1! "Change My Mind!" :D
Well there was this prohibition thing but that didn’t work.

Also
We used to have this law that “you don’t give firewater to the injuns.”

We kind of poisoned their whole culture.

A friend of mine was injured in a motorcycle accident on the Lakota Indian reservation and he got to live there with the local people for some time, as he healed up and his bike was repaired at a far away shop.

He said that the general arrangement of the reservation is a bunch of poor but generally friendly people, driving beat up cars. The main purpose of the cars is to get people to the closest place they can cash their check every month.

That place is of course a gas station and liquor store, which is 10 feet from the boundary of the reservation, in white man’s land.

He said that except for a small trading post that was run by a Souix man in his half-German wife, that was the basic economy of the entire community.

People of the community who worked for a living generally lived elsewhere, and sent money home to the folks.

I’ll talk about tobacco later.

Last edited:
Back