• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 1250yd Range Open in Chapel Hill, TN

Looks like a lot of fun. I wish I had a club or range by me like that.(jealous)

I wish that for you as well.

Plan on hitting the pistol pit Saturday morning to practice knocking some paint off the steel plates. I really like the friendly competition. Gonna buy a few tickets and keep my fingers crossed in hopes of winning the Gen 4 G17...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Grand opening festivities coming up on 10/27...

Had a great time at Glock-toberfest today!

The steel plate match was a lot of fun. Great food, great people, we even had a couple reps from our state legislature show up to voice their 2nd Amendment support. Got to hang out with Mudbug again too. What a great way to spend a morning...

Nice. Anything of interest at the swap meet? I know you brought something home. :)

Had a work day at the range Saturday gearing up for the next expansion.

We built 17 new benches and a dozen each short range and long range target stands...

Several more AR500 plates arrived and were assembled last week...

A 200yd berm is being added to the far right of the short yardage line...

...and small berms are being added every 25yd out to 100yd for small reactive steel silhouettes...

The new rifle benches will be added down the extended firing line which will double the size of the current line...

The expansion has a 100yd sight in berm, but will start at 600yd after that and extend out to 1250yd...

I'm really excited for this expansion and like how a lot of the labor comes from members who volunteer our time. It really gives us all a sense of pride in the range and I really think will make a difference in how members treat the facilities in the long run. People tend to take better care of things when they know what kind of effort went into building them. I'll post up more pics as things develop further...

LES, that is really nice. You guys have done a super job. It makes the weeds on some of our earthen back stops and sides look shabby.

Thanks Mike.

We are all very proud of it. There are some truly amazing members too. Watching some of the long distance shooters on the range has been a humbling experience and the sheer speed and accuracy of some of the pistol competitors is mind blowing. One thing's for sure we sure have a lot of fun...

Looks good LES. It's good to see members take an active roll in upgrading and maintaining the facility.

Looks like the expansion is mostly complete. Should have some new pics to post up this weekend. Just got an e-mail that they've decided to add a dedicated shotgun pit that should be up and running in the next couple weeks! Can't wait...

wow , I never seen such green grass in August ! you must never have any fires there

Cars, apartments, meth dens, etc. catch on fire all the time, but no major wild fires in the 10yrs I've lived here. Last year was really dry but this year I don't think we've had ten straight days without rain here all summer. Definitely keeps the grass lookin good...

Back