• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 930 bolt release ??

oldshooter

Copper BB
Checking out my new HS operation. Every thing cleaned and lubed. I normally keep the chamber and mag loaded for Quick use. Some folks like the chamber unloaded until needed. I wanted to try this so I handled the gun in different positions and said to my self, what happens if the bolt release gets bumped by accident ?? Well, 2 shells are released from the mag and lodge tightly under the bolt. Now the gun is a club until I push the second shell back into the mag. Malfunction or ??. The gun works fine in my normal operation. Dave

That's normal, particularly when the gun is brand new.

Mine did it in the beginning. The action is designed to operate/cycle under extreme force wherein the shell stop is only pushed aside for a millisecond. Chambering a round by manually pressing the bolt release keeps the shell stop depressed for too long, allowing multiple rounds to pass. This issue is sometimes cured after a bit of break in...

Back