• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 930 JM Pro question

richburke03

Copper BB
I just got a new JM Pro today. I first noticed that the rear of the handguard moves slightly. I then took the gun apart to clean it when I noticed some small scratches on the inside of the receiver on the top. one of them actually feels like a small burr that I can feel with my finger.

Is this normal? Something I should worry about?

Welcome aboard.

Does it feel like the bolt gets hung up or catches on the burr at all when manually cycling the action? If not it's very likely only a tool mark/blemish and shouldn't affect function at all...

No it doesn't feel like it gets hung up. Also looking down the barrel I now see two small dots evenly spaced apart which also has me worried, and the bore is not smooth and shiny like my other shotguns. It was more tooling type marks all the way down. I am not impressed with this shotgun from the start.

The two small dots you're seeing in the bottom of the barrel should be the gas ports, so that's completely normal. As far as the inside of the barrel my 930 isn't necessarily mirror smooth either, but it's never bothered me and doesn't affect performance. Sometimes the forearm doesn't seat against the forearm retainer properly and the tube extension doesn't get threaded on all the way, which might be causing the slight movement you're experiencing. You can unscrew the extension tube a few turns and try to reposition the forearm on the retainer until it is properly seated...

Back