• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 930 Thunder Ranch

Gromet

Copper BB
Hey everyone,

New to the Forum,

Picked up a new 930 Thunder Ranch last week. put a TacStar saddle on it and headed to the Range with her tomorrow. It came in the Kuiu Camo. I hate it and plan on changing the Stock and Forearm to black. Either Stock Mossberg or third party.

If I go third party, non-pistol grip what would everyone recommend? I REALLY like the look of the Magpul furniture but they don't make it for the 930.

It has the barrel with the Breacher on it, ohh well. I plan on getting a 28" barrel for it for Skeet, Clay shooting.

Also want to add a 2 or three shot mag tube extension.

Main purpose right now is home defense, in the summer I will also use it for sporting clays etc...

Any advice?

-Gromet

How did your range time with it go?

Not much out there for 3rd party stocks unless you are looking for a pistol grip. If you are just looking for factory polymer or wood furniture we would work out something for the Kuiu version with you if you aren't happy with it.

Barrel availability may be sketchy for a while, but you should have no problem getting a 28" barrel for it once things settle down a bit.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Hi William,

Just sent you a PM about the Kuiu Furniture.

Range time went well, went out last Saturday and had a blast. Put about 150 rounds through her. She like anything I feed her from the higher 1200's FPS or up. I put Estate 1200fps and it was a no go, than switched over to Federal 1290fps and no issues, Put some winchester, high brass 1400 fps as well with no issues. I will befinetly be sticking to high brass in her.

Had a great time, and she is breaking in nicely. Hoping to get her back out to the range in a few weeks again.

-Gromet

Back