1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

New 935

Discussion in 'Mossberg 935 Magnum Autoloader' started by kennyjaxon, Dec 1, 2014.

1. kennyjaxon

kennyjaxon .22LR

I Just Bought My First Ever Semi! Straight Out Of The Box I Shot 3" And 3 1/2" With No Problems. I Tried A 2 3/4" And It Would Not Eject The Spent Shell. I Bought Different 2 3/4" Shells The Next Day And Shot 3 Box Without Any Problems. My Question Is This...
    What Makes The Difference?
    1. Feet Per Second
    2. Drams
    3. Shot Size
    4. Oz Weight
    Anybody Have Any Suggestions?
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Short answer, yes.

It is a simple matter of return energy. All four factors you outlined contribute to building enough back pressure to push the bolt back with the proper amount of force required for the extractor to effectively engage the shell rim and complete successful extraction...
    Rossignol likes this.
  3. kennyjaxon

kennyjaxon .22LR

Got you. I was kinda thrown a curve ball. Both 2 3/4" shells was same across the board with the exception of velocity or feet per second. But one would eject and the other would not!
  4. Joe Collins

Joe Collins .410

kennyjaxon,

That is the general experience I have had with my 935 as well. I figured any high-brass shells should cycle the action (because of the greater charge weight), but mine only seemed to want to cycle the action if the Dram equivalent was at or above 3.