• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 9mm addition for range/home

JRExplorer3

.270 WIN
Picked up a new 9mm for range shooting and home.
It is a Diamondback FS Nine 9mm. Got a good deal on it. $322 OTD including tax and background check.
I'll get a range report as soon as I pick up some 9mm ammo. At least the 9 ammo should be easier to find than .22LR.
Picked this one up mainly for my wife because handling the shotgun weight was a bit much for her. The hangun is easier for her to handle.
She broke her humerus about a year and a half ago and has had a long recovery. There was some scar tissue issues with the radial nerve and she had another surgery to relieve that. She now has almost full range of motion but the arm strenth is down. Therapy will bring that back over time.
DB FS Nine:

the reason she has trouble with the shotgun......

What a horrible injury!

That Diamondback 9mm ought to be a really fine firearm for practice and self defense.

It was a serious break. Amazing that tripping over the dog could do so much damage.
I just found out Glock sights will work on this gun and most Glock holsters too.

I'm sure you will enjoy that 9mm Diamondback. Good shooting, and stay safe.

Thread moved to the correct sub forum "Handguns"...re-direct deleted.

I have seen those diamondback's advertised for a while now and they look like they're fully loaded with desirable features (no pun intended).

But I've been holding off a while to give them a chance to get some real world use before committing to one.

How is yours doing?

Took the DB9FS to the range today. The wife shot a handgun for the first time today.
Putt 100 rds. of Winchester 115gr. FMJ downrange.
I played with the RIA M5 12 ga.
A few shots of how she did.
Her very first shot with a handgun

Last edited:
She is grouping splendidly.

She is a natural.

Took the DB9FS to the range today. The wife shot a handgun for the first time today.
Putt 100 rds. of Winchester 115gr. FMJ downrange.
I played with the RIA M% 12 ga.
A few shots of how she did.
Her very first shot with a handgun

real curious on the Diamondback, how it shoots, feels,any malfunctions stuff like that if you get a chance

I watched a lot of reviews on Youtube before purchasing.
It seems some of the 1st gen FS with the Novak sights had some QC problems.
I have the 2nd gen of the FS with the Glock type sights. You can also tell the early model by the intergrated FS Logo.
It shot nice without much muzzle flip and recoil was pretty much straight back and very managable. We put 100 rounds downrange, Winchester 115 gr. FMJ
Flawless day. Not one FTF or FTE. The 3 dot sights seemed to be fairly accurate at pistol ranges.
The grip is very M&P like with the palm swell it fits my hand nicely. Mag release is nice and easy to use. Hold open slide after last shot.
It breaks down very easy like a Glock. They say Glock sights fit it and Glock and M&P holsters too. I found a M&P level II holster but had to modify it to work with the FS.
It is not +P rated.
I like the looks with the rail, undercut trigger guard, slide serrations and it's made in the USA. It does only come with 1 15 rd. magazine, which is difficult to load. I bought a Maglula UpLULA
that makes loading a breeze.
All in all it seems to be a nice weapon and I plan on using it as a EDC.
One note. When I purchased the gun from a store the pelican case hinges were broken and the owners manual was nowhere to be found. I contacted Diamondback, via email,
and got a response immediately. The sent me both a new manual and case. I'd call that pretty good customer service.

Last edited:
I watched a lot of reviews on Youtube before purchasing.
It seems some of the 1st gen FS with the Novak sights had some QC problems.
I have the 2nd gen of the FS with the Glock type sights. You can also tell the early model by the intergrated FS Logo.
It shot nice without much muzzle flip and recoil was pretty much straight back and very managable. We put 100 rounds downrange, Winchester 115 gr. FMJ
Flawless day. Not one FTF or FTE. The 3 dot sights seemed to be fairly accurate at pistol ranges.
The grip is very M&P like with the palm swell it fits my hand nicely. Mag release is nice and easy to use. Hold open slide after last shot.
It breaks down very easy like a Glock. They say Glock sights fit it and Glock and M&P holsters too. I found a M&P level II holster but had to modify it to work with the FS.
It is not +P rated.
I like the looks with the rail, undercut trigger guard, slide serrations and it's made in the USA. It does only come with 1 15 rd. magazine, which is difficult to load. I bought a Maglula UpLULA
that makes loading a breeze.
All in all it seems to be a nice weapon and I plan on using it as a EDC.
One note. When I purchased the gun from a store the pelican case hinges were broken and the owners manual was nowhere to be found. I contacted Diamondback, via email,
and got a response immediately. The sent me both a new manual and case. I'd call that pretty good customer service.
Thank You so much.

It is one of the front runners for my step daughter

Stocking up on .22's. Have the 715T and a Savage 64 FXP.
Probably will be adding this Walther p22 semi auto to the collection this weekend for myself.
Going to be a range/outdoor plinker. Bought the wife a S&W M&P22C and she loves shooting it.
The 9mm recoil tires her arm but she can shoot 100's of rounds of .22 with no issues.
This way we can shoot together without spending a fortune on ammo for the 9mm and 12 Ga.
Just bought another 1000 rounds of .22LR this past weekend.

The Walther p22

Wife's M&P22C

Back