• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New AR Project...

I can't compete with you guys.

Just hope I can manage to put one together that doesn't blow up when I pull the trigger...

If you need help you know where to find us. Hehehehehehehehe

I've got a hammer and a you tube channel, Lets do this!!!

I appreciate the offer, but I found a security guard at the mall that's gonna show me how it's done...

Nope, it'll be 5.56.

It's really not going to be anything special. My current 10.5" pistol was put together with the intention of converting it to SBR once I get around to stopping by the Sheriff's office for a signature and submitting all the paperwork and the $$$ to the ATF. Still planning to do that, but I discovered I really like the pistol configuration. The 10.5 is really just a short carbine, so this time I'm starting with a 7.5" barrel and a true pistol gas system. I'll top off the barrel with a Noveske KX3 to help build up the gas pressure and run it all under a 9" quad rail. Parts should begin to arrive early next week and I'm hoping to have it finished and range ready by next weekend...

Well, Christmas came early this year!

• 7.5" .223 Wylde M4 Contour barrel, 1:7" twist, M4 feed ramps, .750" gas seat, .076" port diameter
  • JBO (JoeBob's) .750" low profile gas block
  • Mil-Spec Melonite black pistol length gas tube
  • Noveske KX3 5.56 flash suppressor
  • Spikes Forged M4 upper
  • Spikes M16/Ar15 BCG
  • JBO forged charging handle
  • Seekins Precision 9" BAR quad rail and barrel nut
  • Phase 5 Tactical billet pistol buffer tube
  • Mil-Spec carbine buffer spring
  • Mil-Spec Carbine buffer
  • Mil-Spec Castle Nut
  • Magpul ASAP
  • Magpul BAD
  • Magpul XTM Hand Stop
  • Ergo Suregrip

Ordered all these parts from three different places on the Wednesday and didn't expect anything to show up until next week. Three days later and damned if everything didn't show up this afternoon. The lower has been sit'n in the safe 90% complete for over a year wait'n on me to figure out what to do with it. Only thing missing now are the Troy Battlesights I ordered from Amazon that should be here next week...

• 7.5" .223 Wylde M4 Contour barrel, 1:7" twist, M4 feed ramps, .750" gas seat, .076" port diameter sucks
  • JBO (JoeBob's) .750" low profile gas block cool!
  • Mil-Spec Melonite black pistol length gas tube cool!
  • Noveske KX3 5.56 flash suppressor lame
  • Spikes Forged M4 upper nice!
  • Spikes M16/Ar15 BCG sweet!
  • JBO forged charging handle sucks
  • Seekins Precision 9" BAR quad rail and barrel nut pfftt
  • Phase 5 Tactical billet pistol buffer tube awesome!
  • Mil-Spec carbine buffer spring crap
  • Mil-Spec Carbine buffer wow cool !
  • Mil-Spec Castle Nut sucks
  • Magpul ASAP sucks
  • Magpul BAD lame
  • Magpul XTM Hand Stop rad
  • Ergo Suregrip its ok

on a scale of 1 to 10 I rate this a piece of crap......I learned that on the internet

I want one, but I want it made out of an Olympic 10mm upper....be like a modern day tommy gun but awesomer o_O

that quad rail actually looks like one that is well thought out , machining wise. It looks more comfortable than most I have seen

I like their rails.

There's a slight overlap on both sides at the top of the receiver that helps lock it in place. They shaved off weight where they could and there's not a sharp edge on it anywhere. Plenty of QD attachment points if you're into that sort of thing...

Back