• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Block 19. What could possibly go wrong?

Scoop

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Screen_Shot_2021_07_14_at_1.06.32_PM.0.png

Yes, this is a 9mm firearm.

“We have contacted the company, and they have agreed to remove the product from their website and not make or sell anything like this in the future,” Lego said.

The design created a customized semi-automatic Glock weapon that has a strong resemblance to a Lego toy.

Provo-based Culper Precision, which didn’t respond to requests for comment, said it had made what it called its Block19 Glock “to create an opportunity to talk about the enjoyment of the shooting sports and the joy that can only be found in marksmanship practice and training.

“We here at Culper Precision are grateful for the attention that Block19 is currently getting across the globe,” the company said, adding that people have a right to customize their property and that responsible gun owners take measures to secure their firearms.

The product page for the Block19 has been taken down.

Shannon Watts, founder of the gun-control group Moms Demand Action, drew attention to the product on Twitter and said mixing a real gun with a toy’s look was “a recipe for disaster.

“We have already seen tragedies happen when unsecured firearms are around children, and they don’t look like toys,” Watts said.

Unintentional shooting deaths by children of themselves or others rose more than 30% between March and December 2020 compared to the same period the year before, the group’s research found.

That increase comes during a record-breaking surge in U.S. gun sales that began as the coronavirus pandemic took hold last year.

Utah, home to the Block19’s maker, has joined several other states in loosening gun laws this year by rolling back requirements for people to get permits to carry guns in public.

Lego — founded in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen — takes its name from the two Danish words LEg GOdt, which mean “Play Well.”

LINK --> Lego tells Utah gun maker Culper Precision: Stop making Block19 Glocks that look like its toys - Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)

Last edited:
I kind of like it

I think it is a wholly terrible and bad idea. I am glad they were given a cease-and-desist. It was incredibly dumb.

I remember when cap guns were indistiguishable to real guns.

I also remember a particular picture that got a soldier in trouble in iraq for painting the flashider of his M4 bright orange.

iu

iu

iu

iu

When it comes to decorative/decorated firearms, This is about as far as I will go:

FE1EBD28-9951-49B1-B824-BD2D4D1726DF.jpeg

Gee, I have this old school battery powered drill that you can’t get the batteries for anymore…

This a a pic of the gun that was featured in the video that @John A. posted above.

C_C_TacMakitaPowerDrillStyleSlideConversionKit_ForActionArmyAAP01GBBSeries_2_1024x1024@2x.jpg

The above is actually a gas blowback "airgun" that could deliver deadly injuries, but it is not a firearm.

Guns [and non-guns] that cross the "realism line" are a problem for law enforcement.

For years we had a bulletin board in our law enforcement academy lounge that had pictures of real guns that were outfitted with orange barrel muzzles to make them look like toys.

Then there was a collection of lethal projectile weapons that were shaped like "innocent" items such as 2 barreled cell-phones.

upload_2021-7-18_18-53-23.jpeg

This is one hell of a problem.

One case came up in a big Ohio city [Cleveland, Columbus or Cincy] where a guy walks out of a store in the evening and he observes a fight across the street. There is a boisterous argument going on and when he sees one of the guys with a gun on the other defenseless guy, our hero pulls a pistol and shoots the "attacker" only to find out that the item in question was a power drill that they were arguing about. The important point in that incident was to bring to focus that if your are using "third party defense" as an justification for using deadly force you better be damned sure you know the facts.

Life gets complicateder and complicateder, as my uncle used to say.

-- I am not a lawyer. Following my advice without consulting an expert qualified and trained in the field may result in expensive fines or uncomfortable incarceration.

I can’t imagine getting into some stranger’s beef where they are wielding handguns.

Unless of course you are a cop and that is your business.

Anyhow, either one of them is likely to pull a gun and shoot you a situation like that.

Back