1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

New gun comes @home :-)

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by Waitster, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Waitster

Waitster Semper Paratus

New project will start...

I bought a Mercury Tactical in .300WM and -SURPRISE SURPRISE- some modifications are on the run :)

F12530BC-9551-4EBE-A147-8975636F20DE.jpeg 437AB90E-F2B7-4063-8F9B-809152ED027C.jpeg
    cmcdonald, MikeD, SHOOTER13 and 4 others like this.
  2. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I can't help but appreciate a nice precision rifle.
    Waitster likes this.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Yeah this is the stock design that I want for my Savage .22 Target gun. The archangel type?
  4. Waitster

Waitster Semper Paratus

@ John...

This stock is the original of this rifle.
    The Archangel stock is -in my opinion- a little bit better. You has a more adjustable cheek-riser and a better „pistolgrip“.
    But my favorits are stocks like the „Berserker“ from GRS-Riflestocks / Norway.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

BESERKER....nice !!
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  6. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Check out that Sub 0.1 MOA group!

New world's record after 15 years.
  7. Waitster

Waitster Semper Paratus

MikeD likes this.
  8. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Very nice, I've heard some good things about Athlon Optics but I really know little about them. Can you get custom turrets for them to match the balistics of your round of choice?
  9. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

That thing is fancy.
    Waitster likes this.
  10. Waitster

Waitster Semper Paratus

@mike...

I don‘t know but think not. Can‘t found some on any official site but will ask my german dealer.
  11. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Looks like a very impressive scope!

Unfortunately, like my last rifle scope, the Box claims that it is made by a USA company. Inside you find out that the scope is made in Asia.

That being said my last scope turned out to be a very nice scope for the money. It's just a shame that they have to put "USA" on the box.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  12. Waitster

Waitster Semper Paratus

@CaddmannQ...

That‘s right but...
    On my box is writen „USA COMPANY“ not „Made in USA“.
    Looks like that the US-Company let build their product in Asia.
    I don‘t want to make anyone nervous but unforunately this is now common practice. Simply to either lower prices or increase the profit.
    Even „Made in ...“ as a quality reference is no guarantee for good material but often only the refeference where something was built together.

I know some big and good Companies (also in the US) that manufacture in China but assemble and label their products in the homeland. And... Voila... „MADE in USA“ or „MADE in GERMANY“ or elsewhere...

I search for a scope that comes with MIL-dots and -clicks in the FFP for a small price. Sure... I love Schmidt & Bender but as a beginner in LongRange I spend the saved 1.500,- bucks for training ammunition and in 2-3 years... a new .338, .50 Sako, Barret or AI and a S&B for „Miles and More“ shootings ;-)
    John A. likes this.
  13. Waitster

Waitster Semper Paratus

1.Step is down... some more are coming ;-)

96460AA7-4B5C-4700-B187-81CB98A77505.jpeg FACA9BD8-DDA7-4FD7-A8B4-8AF32DD5E6A5.jpeg 6AD1AC9A-2821-48BF-BA5E-A64327F0BAC9.jpeg CA74BFA3-6F41-44C5-94DF-F7002A71E76E.jpeg
    MikeD and John A. like this.
  14. Waitster

Waitster Semper Paratus

2.Step is ready...

The Typ11 muzzlebrake from a local gunsmith (Peterssen GunWorks) and Vortex flipcaps

41A8867B-3B11-489C-B426-8B26D0EE7BDA.jpeg
    John A. and Elbert Garrett like this.