• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New guy here with Shockwave 20 gauge......

After looking at the Shockwave I decided on the 20 gauge for fun and trail uses around my country property and range. Seems like it is just right in size and power for what I need.
After the first afternoon of use I made a few simple mods to it for a more comfortable use.
First was to take care of the sharp ends of the front grip strap by positioning them to the outside.
Next was to slightly radius the sharp edges around the loading port and then add some grip tape to the sides of the Raptor grip.
Seems to be a great little shooter so far and more shooting with it as soon as better weather comes around!

Some pictures of what I did....shockwave strap mod.jpg Shockwave grip mod.jpg Shockwave loading port edge radius.jpg

Welcome and I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about the inside of the loading port. I love how the simplistic changes that you've made are very practical and finely executed. I plan to make the same radius cuts myself and have an idea to get slightly longer screws for the hand strap. Then fold over one end of the hand stop to a tighter feel on the strap.

Well done. The subtle changes will go a long way for ease of use in the long run.

Thanks! I found that the extra slack inside the strap after unfold the ends allows my hand to get inside the strap with out fumbling to get it in.
But it is tight enough to still prevent getting any part of hand in front of muzzle. I fully stuffed the loading port with paper towels and sealed with masking tape before using a small fine file and then a stone to lightly roll the edges.
Note that the picture was taken after I loaded in a shell to try it out...safety on and not racked.

Note that the picture was taken after I loaded in a shell to try it out...safety on and not racked.

You're a grown man.

We don't judge whether you keep your defensive arms loaded or not.

That's always a personal decision.

And it looks and sounds like you have it perfectly under control ;) No explanation needed.

I posted a short video of my first shots with the Shockwave in the Pictures and Video section.
The new gun must have "Shocked" my head cam mount in trails segment as it decided to take off at the end!:eek:

Back