• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New JM Pro Owner

NorCal707

.22LR
Pick up my new JM Pro 24 tomorrow morning and am hoping I get a good one straight from the Factory. Could use some help with tips/advice on what to look for as in known issues or trouble spots when I strip/clean her for the first time and what to watch out for down the road. BTW - I have one of those OR3GUN Marine Spacer Tubes to install that I read about here.

Thanks - Dave

Back from our gunsmith...

Cartridge bearing too tight. The measuring gauge does'nt even fit to the closest allowed marking!

Chokethread drillend/cutted wrong/tilted. If the choke is screwed in you see (from the muzzleside) a edge on the right side. It's not a prob of the choke because his wall thickness is equally.

One year waiting for the gun, one trainingsession and now back as warranty case! My first national championship with her is already canceled :-/

So, no one has any pertinent advice/tips to offer to a new owner or is it you all think I'm a Troll or something? I joined up here thinking this was an active forum for Mossberg owners/enthusiast's - guess maybe I was wrong.

Welcome aboard @NorCal707 .

This is a very active forum, but it's the holidays and many folks are simply busy with other things this time of year. We have a nine page thread on 930 maintenance and 60 pages of tips and advice on troubleshooting common issues. Long story short though, give it a detail strip and thorough cleaning before you go out for the first time and make sure you take a variety of ammo. Most of the issues we see with new 930's are the result of underpowered ammo during the break-in period (down around 1200 fps and below). My 18" 930 Tactical is pretty ammo picky, but my 24" JM Pro will eat anything and everything I feed it with no issues at all.

Here is an excellent video for takedown and cleaning that one of our members put together...

Have fun out there and keep us posted after you've had it out to the range...

Thanks for starting the thread. A new JM Pro 24 owner myself - upgraded from a SPX. Should arrive next week!

Can anyone expand on what the "cartridge bearing" is, referring to Waitster's post?
No idea, not being rude but he is German and sometimes isn't spot on with translation. I'm thinking it could relate to head spacing? Never heard of bad head spacing on a shotgun.

OK... here I am with answers...

The counterpart of your "Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute" (SAAMI) is in Europe the "Commission Internationale Permanente pour l'Épreuve des Armes à Feu Portatives" (C.I.P.)

The range for a 12 gauge chamber of a shotgun goes from 20,18 mm to 20,28 mm. Our measuring gauge comes from "Triebel Guntools.de" and the chamber of my 24" 930 JM Pro have only 20,14 and is under the minimum and so... formal... to thight!

The range for a 12 gauge chamber of a shotgun goes from 20,18 mm to 20,28 mm. Our measuring gauge comes from "Triebel Guntools.de" and the chamber of my 24" 930 JM Pro have only 20,14 and is under the minimum and so... formal... to thight!

I'd like to add that in Germany, the comma "," replaces our period (or more specifically decimal point) "." in measurements. So Wait's "20,18 mm" would be 20.18mm here in the states... And even more confusingly, we would write one million as "1,000,000" and they write it as "1.000.000"...
:rolleyes: ;)

Call Mossberg and order a replacement / spare pusher assembly. They are prone to cracking.

Back