• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New longtime owner.

DevJames

.22LR
I've owned a 500A since I was 12...poor thing has needed the tang safety rebuilt twice and seen a few seasons out in fields.

As seen above my little brother's little brother (his is 22 years old to mine's 23) that he recently reclaimed possesion of after I put the security barrel on it. 20ga blued barrels are kinda annoying to source compared to the 12ga.

m76jc3.jpg

Should be taking possesion of a Mossberg International SA-20 Tactical next week as I want a 20ga in hopes that it might be a little more forgiving on my trashed shoulders.

Anyway, we all know how 500's run. Time to see what the little Turkish delight can do.

Welcome to the forum from Florida.

Two good lookin' Mossy's !!!

Welcome. I've been wanting an SA20 for a long time. Seems that other projects get in the way.

You the same DevJames on xdtalk?

Welcome from MI!!

Tang safety has always been my favorite part but the only moderate weakness to the guns. It's great for a lefty and so so fast in the field to disengage.

My 500's safety hasn't worked in years.

I know, shame, shame, shame.

But it hasn't.

Rebuild it with a metal button. It's like 15 bucks and a little cussing if you have a damn one way screw.

Big Welcome Sir. Nice choice(s) in shotguns if I may say so.... :)

How is the wood furniture so pristine?

Rebuild it with a metal button. It's like 15 bucks and a little cussing if you have a damn one way screw.

It's not the button that's messed up on mine.

The part that is broken on mine is the little tab that activates the safety lever on top of the trigger itself is broken off.

In all fairness, Mossberg said they'd replace the part.

If I paid to ship the entire gun both ways to them.

Which would be $40 something dollars for a $3 part.

I tried to get them to agree to let me ship just the complete trigger pack on its' own since it would fit in a small flat rate box, but the lady on the other end said no, they required the entire gun.

Ummm, no thanks.

It's not the button that's messed up on mine.

The part that is broken on mine is the little tab that activates the safety lever on top of the trigger itself is broken off.

In all fairness, Mossberg said they'd replace the part.

If I paid to ship the entire gun both ways to them.

Which would be $40 something dollars for a $3 part.

I tried to get them to agree to let me ship just the complete trigger pack on its' own since it would fit in a small flat rate box, but the lady on the other end said no, they required the entire gun.

Ummm, no thanks.

I bet you can get one of Numrich. But if it's not a hunting or HD gun, I suppose it's not much of an issue.

Big Welcome Sir. Nice choice(s) in shotguns if I may say so.... :)

How is the wood furniture so pristine?

I tried not to drop them too much in the field. Other than that, no care has really been given other than wiping the whole gun down with silicone clothes every month or two between use.

I did get lucky on my 500 though, it got some really pretty grain American walnut. The new stocks just aren't near as good looking.

I bet you can get one of Numrich. But if it's not a hunting or HD gun, I suppose it's not much of an issue.

Mossberg trigger packs are a pain to take apart and put back together. I'm not interested in fooling with it.

I've gotten plenty of other guns I can use, but I have used it for hunting and HD.

I don't care that it doesn't have a mechanical safety.

My break action single shots don't have mechanical safeties either.

Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
ripjack13

Back