• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New M930 owner here with a question

triple-B

Copper BB
Hello all, just picked up a new Mossberg 930 Tactical and I hope I made the right decision. First problem is mounting a front sling attachment. I’ve seen the GG&G mounts, but I think I want something more rock solid with mount that attaches between the barrel and magazine tube. I’m open to all opinions and suggestions. Many thanks.

triple-b, I can't help ya as I'm not familiar with the gun. However, let me welcome you to the forum. Someone should be along with info.

I do not have the tactical model but have been happy with the sling mount on the magazine cap.

I do not like the side mounted slings.

I do not have the tactical model but have been happy with the sling mount on the magazine cap.

I do not like the side mounted slings.

Unfortunately I don’t have that option, as the 930 is a 18.5” tactical model without the option for a thread on magazine cap mount.

How do you intend to carry the shotgun when slung?

Shouldered muzzle UP, horizontal across chest in front, tactical style muzzle down?

Take a look at the Mesa Tactical 92680 mount. It clamps between the barrel and magazine.

However, think you'll find the GG&G mounts are solid.

But as Nitesite questioned - how you're going to carry it makes all the difference plus the type of sling/attachment points. IMO, those issues should be resolved before selecting a mount.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards

Back