1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

New member from Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by loogoman1970, Feb 19, 2012.

1. loogoman1970

loogoman1970 Copper BB

Hello everyone. My name is Ruben and I live in deep south Texas. I recently purchased my first shotgun, Mossberg 835. When I was way waaay younger, I was invited by a friend of mine to go hunting and loved it. Eventhough I do more fishing than hunting I love the outdoors! A buddy of mine from work invited me last month to do some dove hunting and it was awesome. I didn't own a shotgun so he recommended a Mossberg. Eventhough dove season is over I'm really looking foward to going out and getting some practice with my new Mossberg. Thanks
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Welcome aboard!

I'm a native Texan myself. Hangin my hat in Tennessee now, but Texas will always be my home. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your new 835 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!
  3. loogoman1970

loogoman1970 Copper BB

4. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! I lived in College Station for a while when I was finishing up vet school and I can't wait to go back.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum loogoman1970 !!
  6. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Loogoman, we thoroughly enjoy bird hunting here too! I have heard the dove hunting in Texas is excellent!!!

Welcome to MO man!
  7. mingaa

mingaa Raconteur

Welcome from the land of BBQ pork - St Louis, MO and just about as many guns per capita as TX! :D

*CORRECTION* check the ratio of NICS checks of #1 - woah!!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -guns.html

1, Kentucky
    Population:4,314,113
    NICS background checks per 100,000 residents (Dec. 2008 – May 2010): 134,028

15, Missouri
    Population: 5,987,580
    NICS background checks per 100,000 residents: 14,712

33, Texas
    Population: 24,782,302
    NICS background checks per 100,000 residents: 9,936
  8. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

WooHoo! Go KY, my neighbors to the south!
  9. mingaa

mingaa Raconteur

Yeah - 1.34 NICS per capita. Surprise! Surprise! Literally!! Hehe. :evil:
  10. J.L.

J.L. .270 WIN

Welcome! What part of South Texas are you from? I'm from Hidalgo county. :)
  11. PaperShooter

PaperShooter .410

Welcome to MO, its a great forum
  12. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Welcome from MI!!
  13. Spetsnaz Shovel

Spetsnaz Shovel .270 WIN

Welcome from WI.

DroidX Tapatalk
  14. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Howdy and welcome to the club.