• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Member Here

My collection of Mossbergs are a MVP Patrol in 308 which is super accurate , a Maverick 88 which I put in wood stock to make it look Retro kind of. I have my father's 22 , a model 152 I think. Its a semi auto with the fold down front grip he bought in the late 40's, which still works perfect but I lost the original peep sight but still have the original scope.

Welcome! I came here for some shotgun knowledge, and frankly, was unfamiliar with the rest of the Mossberg line. You caused me to look up that MVP in .308. Handy little rifle! It would satisfy Jeff Cooper's scout rifle concept if the scope rail was moved forward but it's a handy looking little carbine regardless. Do you have an optic on yours?

Well, whaddya know, this reviewer had the same idea I did about Cooper's Scout rifle. The forward mounted optic was not actually a requirement, apparently, it was only to allow loading from stripper clips through the ejection port. On a magazine-fed rifle like this, that requirement is moot.

I thought my gun buying days were over, but now I want one of these. Dammit. :brick:

I've tried mine in all kind of set ups . I even had see thru rings . With a Leupold 2x7x33 Was a good hunting set up. I discovered at least with mine it shot 180 to 220 weight in very small groups all day. The heavy barrel seemed not to get real hot and never lost its point of aim. Right now I made a scout mount out of a savage long base and drilled a hole in the mount where the rear iron sight goes and made an epoxy base and put a long screw thru it so it is anchored pretty solid. the base is just mounted on the forward 2 holes for a regular set up. I haven't shot it too much yet but seems to work ok. I did get a boyds stock but not sure I like it and put the factory stock back on for now. Outside of it being a little on the heavy side it has worked perfect and shoots right where I aim. I also made a 10 round pmag into a 5 round for hunting.
The only real problem is I can't reload fast enough to keep it shooting.

My collection of Mossbergs are a MVP Patrol in 308 which is super accurate , a Maverick 88 which I put in wood stock to make it look Retro kind of. I have my father's 22 , a model 152 I think. Its a semi auto with the fold down front grip he bought in the late 40's, which still works perfect but I lost the original peep sight but still have the original scope.

Welcome to the forum. You have a nice collection of Mossbergs.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...
Cheers!
:cheers:

Back