• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Member in Ak

gremmen

Copper BB
Hi fellow Mossberg owners I'm new here. In the 80's & 90's I was an active Trap Shooter and advanced to the AA level before I gave it up. It just got too expensive for how much I was shooting and traveling. Now that I'm retired, I recently started shooting again. I had sold my Remington and Browning Trap guns years ago, so I had to use my brothers 11-87 Trap for last couple months until I decided to buy a Mossberg Silver Reserve II Super Sport. So far I have only shot 100 shells, shot a 22, 21, 23, & last was 24 from 16 yards. Still trying to get a mounting of the gun right, but so far I like the Mossberg, never thought I'd have a moss berg but starting to be a believer.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN. That is really nice shooting for the first 100 shells into the air from that gun. Well done!
license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

Welcome from Sunny Central California.

I really like that over and under. I've been thinking I would like to have one my own self, even though I am not a trap shooter.

Welcome.

I'm not wanting to give you shock, but Mossberg doesn't make the Silver Reserves.

They import them from Turkey.

Or at least they did a little while back.

Not that importing from Turkey is necessarily a bad thing. They've been making some really great guns the last decade or so. Just a lot of people cringe when they first hear it. Not like importing an O/U from Italy is any different by principle.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/general-consensus-about-silver-reserve-ii.14642/

Turkish! No way folks . . . I'm sorry.

It's bad enough that I bought a Springfield made in Eastern Europe.

I'm not buying a Turkish shotgun even if it says Mossberg on it.

It's not the quality. I just don't like the Turks.

Turkish! No way folks . . . I'm sorry.

It's bad enough that I bought a Springfield made in Eastern Europe.

I'm not buying a Turkish shotgun even if it says Mossberg on it.

It's not the quality. I just don't like the Turks.

That's always your prerogative. In all fairness though, they really are nice guns and shoot really well too. Mine may well be the prettiest shotgun that I own. Second best shooting too, behind the Charles daly semi auto with xfull turkey choke, which coincidentally, was also made in Turkey LOL

Come to think of it, I own 4 guns made in Turkey. The Sarsilmaz K245 is also my favorite handgun.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

:cheers:
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.

ripjack13

:welcome:

I know this may seem strange to people in other parts of the country but there is a lot of anti-turkish sentiment around here. Most of it has to do with survivors of the "Armenian Genocide" who found themselves surviving in Fresno County.

I remember when I first moved out here you coulf walk into stores where you could not find Camel cigarettes. Every brand but camels.

They were made with Turkish tobacco.

I'll never say that this Turkish made gun is Quality, certainly not like my old Browning or Parrasi. But it goes Bang and I break most of what is thrown up.

Back