• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member, New 590A1

Welcome from MI!!!

That's a nice pair you have there.

First off welcome and great looking Mossy. To someones earlier question about the ghost ring sights. Mine has the LPA M16 ghost ring signts with the rear being on a picatiny rail. I absolutely love them and am way more accurate with them than a bead or rifle sights. It is probably because I'm very used to them from my AR. I will say this though, some are better with beads, some with rifle sights, and some with GRS. It all comes down to preference and what you are used to in my opinion. P.s. I've used my Mossy Boomstick to break many a skeet...gets some funny looks but still does the job haha.

How difficult would it be to put the front sight on a 18.5" barrel for GRS? I like the setup this guy has got :)

Itsricmo said:
How difficult would it be to put the front sight on a 18.5" barrel for GRS? I like the setup this guy has got :)

Hmmm, someone had posted a sort of "how to" on installing a new pedestal base for GRS or fiber optic base. Its more than I would get into on my own, but if youre comfortable silver soldering the base to your gun, then go for it man!

I personally am not comfortable with it and have no desire to mess with my firearms on my own. I can weld, mig tig and stick, plasma cut, natural gas torches, whatever, but I wont attempt to solder anything to my firearms. So for me I'd send it out to a gunsmith, AIMPRO does this stuff everyday...

Once its done, the barrel has to be refinished, but if youre doin the duracote or similar, then it may not be a big deal.

Yeah............ I think it will be put on the back burner :) hahaha

I was just on AIM Pro's site earlier looking at their replacement GRS Picatinny Rail that mounts to the top of the receiver, I like that A LOT!

Itsricmo said:
Yeah............ I think it will be put on the back burner :) hahaha

I was just on AIM Pro's site earlier looking at their replacement GRS Picatinny Rail that mounts to the top of the receiver, I like that A LOT!

I like it too, but again, the big deal part is adding the front sight base.

Yeah I decided to do some youtubin' and google-fooin'... Much more than I would like to get into for my first time on my favorite gun haha

If I had an old Single Shot that was worth fixin' up, I'd try my hand at it.. but not on my Best!

carbinemike said:
Welcome and looking forward to the pictures. Let me know what you think of the ghost ring sights as I have debated switching my bead sight to them. Same with the speed feed stock and it's length of pull.
Mike-
The GRS are nice. If you plan on pushing range back or shooting slugs they are great. Not saying they aren't good uo close too. But if you are going to do most shooting uo close an XS Big dot tritium bead is very hard to beat.
The SF mag tube stock is very long. I'm saying that as someone who is 6-2, 250#, 52" chest and 37" sleeve. I could shoot it fine as long as I only shot bladed.

Thats a Great Shotgun,

I have the same features on mine, it is a M590A1 #51668, I love mine.

I like having 9 shots, + the speed feed stock, Now i need to add a shot shell carrier to the receiver

Back