1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

New member, New 590A1

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Pump Action' started by Jay H, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

A little slow? That's rude :) You must have patients, Sir!
  2. incorrigible

incorrigible .22LR

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try the Brookhaven range if I ever get some free time.
  3. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Welcome from MI!!!

That's a nice pair you have there.
  4. berg590a1

berg590a1 Copper BB

First off welcome and great looking Mossy. To someones earlier question about the ghost ring sights. Mine has the LPA M16 ghost ring signts with the rear being on a picatiny rail. I absolutely love them and am way more accurate with them than a bead or rifle sights. It is probably because I'm very used to them from my AR. I will say this though, some are better with beads, some with rifle sights, and some with GRS. It all comes down to preference and what you are used to in my opinion. P.s. I've used my Mossy Boomstick to break many a skeet...gets some funny looks but still does the job haha.
  5. Jay H

Jay H .22LR

Love the GRS on both the 590A1 and 930 SPX a must IMHO
  6. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

How difficult would it be to put the front sight on a 18.5" barrel for GRS? I like the setup this guy has got :)
  7. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Hmmm, someone had posted a sort of "how to" on installing a new pedestal base for GRS or fiber optic base. Its more than I would get into on my own, but if youre comfortable silver soldering the base to your gun, then go for it man!

I personally am not comfortable with it and have no desire to mess with my firearms on my own. I can weld, mig tig and stick, plasma cut, natural gas torches, whatever, but I wont attempt to solder anything to my firearms. So for me I'd send it out to a gunsmith, AIMPRO does this stuff everyday...

Once its done, the barrel has to be refinished, but if youre doin the duracote or similar, then it may not be a big deal.
  8. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

Yeah............ I think it will be put on the back burner :) hahaha

I was just on AIM Pro's site earlier looking at their replacement GRS Picatinny Rail that mounts to the top of the receiver, I like that A LOT!
  9. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

I like it too, but again, the big deal part is adding the front sight base.
  10. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

Yeah I decided to do some youtubin' and google-fooin'... Much more than I would like to get into for my first time on my favorite gun haha

If I had an old Single Shot that was worth fixin' up, I'd try my hand at it.. but not on my Best!
  11. m24shooter

m24shooter .270 WIN

Mike-
    The GRS are nice. If you plan on pushing range back or shooting slugs they are great. Not saying they aren't good uo close too. But if you are going to do most shooting uo close an XS Big dot tritium bead is very hard to beat.
    The SF mag tube stock is very long. I'm saying that as someone who is 6-2, 250#, 52" chest and 37" sleeve. I could shoot it fine as long as I only shot bladed.
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Jay !!
  13. westgl

westgl .22LR

Thats a Great Shotgun,

I have the same features on mine, it is a M590A1 #51668, I love mine.

I like having 9 shots, + the speed feed stock, Now i need to add a shot shell carrier to the receiver