• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Memeber from Lake Havasu AZ

Duck

.22LR
Hi Fellow Mossy owners,

My name is Kyle (Duck) and I'm a relatively new gun owner bought my first gun about a year or so ago.I have been learning to hunt with a buddy that was in the USMC. First thing I wanted to learn was safety now I'm learning what guns I really want for my hunting trips.

I have a Marlin model 60 a JA 9mm and also my baby a Mossberg 500.

My Mossberg I picked up at a local pawn shop for 200 out the door and it was almost brand new.

I'm turning it into my bird hunting gun and back up rifle for coyote. It has a 28'' modified choke barrel.
It has the black synthetic stocks right now but want to upgrade to the Stock with Adjustable Cheekrest and Scorpion Recoil Pad from ATI. Gonna do the basic shell holder sling.

It has the basic sights and I don't know much about upgrading the sights so that will most likely be my first post, to see whats the best sight setup for bird hunting is.

Looking into even starting to load my own shotgun shells soon and start doing alot more trap and clay shooting.
Thanks for any future help with my Mossberg and for a place to post all about my new favorite gun.

Welcome to the forum from NY. We love gun pics,you get a chance post a pic. :)

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 500. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Thanks everyone...Here is a picture of my shotgun right before its first hunt with me for quail. I have this guy that said he wants to trade my stocks for some wood furniture so when I get it tomorrow I'll post a new picture I hope it loads was having a problem with it saying it was to big.

Attachments

• 1397735_598446466870033_1024749350_o.jpg
    1397735_598446466870033_1024749350_o.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 144
Welcome from MI!!

Duck said:
. It has a 28'' modified choke barrel.
It has the black synthetic stocks right now but want to upgrade to the Stock with Adjustable Cheekrest and Scorpion Recoil Pad from ATI. Gonna do the basic shell holder sling.

Looking into even starting to load my own shotgun shells soon and start doing alot more trap and clay shooting.
Thanks for any future help with my Mossberg and for a place to post all about my new favorite gun.

Hi, I am taking my Mossy 500 Mariner with 28" barrel out to trap shoot two boxes (50rds) this weekend. Its not a pro gun for trapping and Mossy 500 need to be cleaned every 200 rds. More cleaning than higher end Beretta trap guns etc.

Back