• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NEW!!!! Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action Rifle MVP Varmint Predator

Re: NEW!!!! Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action Rifle MVP Varmint Preda

Nice pics, any reviews from the press available.

No real updates but I am trying to get one in my hands to use.

They had these on one of the gun programs on VS. It shot real well and the .223 one took all AR 15 mags

oli700 said:
They had these on one of the gun programs on VS. It shot real well and the .223 one took all AR 15 mags

I'm going to take on the VS web site and You Tube and see if I can find that show. Thanks

Wish I could remember what one it was, might have been guns and gear can’t remember but it was in December

Been following this rifle for a bit, it's a nice beautiful all around rifle that won't break the bank. I was reading some articles from the shot show that said it there were already some other barrel lengths that are going to be available. I definitely plan on getting one when I can, I just gotta figure out which one.

I'm a bit curious though to that pic of a rack of them from the show, only one of them appears to be the MVP, the others look like they have the right receiver, barrel, and everything except that they have a different stock, a simpler more traditional rifle stock? Maybe prototypes from testing before the final stock was decided on?

I know there is plans to expand the MVP line but I don't have any details on that yet. There will be two stock variations to choose from; one will be a pistol grip stock (bottom) and the other will be a traditional stock.

DHonovich said:
I know there is plans to expand the MVP line but I don't have any details on that yet. There will be two stock variations to choose from; one will be a pistol grip stock (bottom) and the other will be a traditional stock.

That would be awesome, I'm thinking shorter barrel and traditional stock, though I like all the options, decisions decisions... Bonus that they're hitting the market at around the perfect time for me.

I keep comin back to look at this rifle! I like it more and more as time goes by, but its been awhile since I've seen anything new on it. I do believe its available in .308 now though.

I believe thats a custom chambered .300 Blackout!!! Sweet! Not $1300 sweet, but never the less... VERY SWEET!!! Man, thats nice with the 18" threaded barrel!

I know I have read or seen in a magazine the .308 was on the way! I'd really like to get the 10 rd. standard mil-spec magazines!!! The alternative for me is the Remington 700, which is already threaded for suppressors or flash hiders.

I agree, not $1300 sweet. I do hope that .308 is on the way, although it will complicate my decision on what my next rifle will be...

Let me do some diggin. I should still have the magazine!

Going to revive another dead thread here :)

Has anyone seen any scout scope mounts for this rifle??
I have been looking hardcore but cannot turn anything up.

I'm glad you revived this.

I hald talked to OFM about it and they said it was bein expanded to .300 Blackout but not yet .308 and I couldn't comprehend why they wouldn't go to arguably the second most readily available chambering that uses a fairly inexpensive load and standard magazines. That was back in the summer and now I can't navigate OFMs site at all.

SHOT is comin up soon and I'm hopeful Dan will bring us more info!

Here's my personal dilema as I continue to want and compare bolt guns. For the price, Savage has a comparable gun with a 20" barrel chambered in .308 already threaded and also has LPA rifle sights. So I keep lookin to see if OFM has done anything to make this rifle more enticing, some sort of deal breaker.

The scout position mount would be cool. Oh! Another consideration still is aftermarket support.

Well with the .300 Blk all they have to do is change out the barrel. For the model to be .308 they would have to change everything too fit the new dimensions. That is my tale on it.

What savage is it?? I want iron sights bad on a rifle! Haha
Aftermarket support sucks for the MVP but flourishes with the Savage model rifles

Yeah I understand what your sayin about the chamber dimensions, but .300 Blackout is considerably more expensive to feed. That's my only issue really.

The Savage is the 111 HogHunter. Has the rails to muont a sight or scope but also has irons, a prerequisite for me. Only draw back of that particular rifle is capacity. Its a 5 round internal magazine, not a detachable box magazine. In this aspect the OFM MVP has it beat, I just really want another 5.56 though I already have magazines and it would simplify my life. I just really want a .308 because I want a larger caliber and its more common, less expensive, and more readily available than the .300 .

That's my take and what goes into my considerations towards another rifle purchase.

Roger on the bad parts of the .300 Blk... :(

I forgot all about the Hog Hunter! I thought it had a 22" not 20" that is also what threw me off.
If I had the money and that is a huger IF, lol, I would get the Hog Hunter and use new Bottom Metal for AICS mags. But there you are looking at at least another $150+ into an already medium-level budget rifle. I haven't seen any to know what the MSRP is but I am assuming around $500+.

I like the MVP due to the AR Mag compatibility. Only thing is I don't know an AR :D haha But I like the 20" Bull Barrel, Large Mag Capacity, Pretty Good Accuracy and Sporter Stock.

Is there any reason that, someone could not have the barrel cut for dovetail sights and install their own Irons?

Back