• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossberg Patriot Owner in East Texas

Corbaci

Copper BB
Hello. I am new to this forum and just recently won a Mossberg Patriot in .270 WIN in a local gun raffle. Listed below is a little about me:
1. Interests: Bolt-action hunting rifles, hunting, & deer/wildlife management
2. Screen Name: Corbaci. It’s an old term for a military commander of Janissaries. It’s also a type or cultivar of hot pepper similar to a cayenne pepper.
3. Why I have joined this forum: To share TTPs (i.e. Tips, Techniques, and Procedures) in Mossberg Patriot ownership. I’m especially interested in the following:
a. Accurizing my Mossberg Patriot
b. New stock. Maybe a Boyd’s Stock. Any thoughts or recommendations?
c. New Trigger. Maybe a Timney. Any thoughts or recommendations?
d. Barrel “Break-In”. A “Yes” or a “No”.
e. The “Perfect” Off-the Shelf .270 WIN Cartridge. I don’t hand load. I like Norma Oryx in my other rifles due to how they kill but they’re expensive. Any experiences /thoughts on Federal Premium 130 gr Sierra Gamekings (BTSP)?
f. Scope. Looking at a Vortex Viper but does anyone have experience with a Burris?
4. Other Rifles? Yes, I own other bolt-action rifles but am only interested in accurate rifles/making my rifles more accurate. My less expensive rifles are just as accurate and shoot/kill just as well as my more expensive rifles.
5. Other. I am a US Army combat veteran having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan (and elsewhere) . I live and hunt in the Pineywoods of East Texas.
and
6. A “Thank You”. I look forward to your positive feedback and discussion

Attachments

• Corbaci.jpg
    Corbaci.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 4
Welcome from MI.

Boyds makes a good stock and Timny makes great triggers.

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new Mossy.

,,,,,and.........
TY flag.jpg

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

:cheers:
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.

ripjack13

:welcome:

Thank you for your service.

I don't know much about the Patriot rifle, but there's still a lot of jabber about other guns so you're welcome to still discuss others besides the Mossberg.

Welcome to the forum.

Back