• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mosserg Rifle Line - "Patriot" and Some New .22 Semi's

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I didn't realize the ATR and 4x4 Mossberg lines were possibly (rumor) being phased out until I saw this, (partial article pasted below) :
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

They are also coming out with some new .22 semi autos that look like AK-47's which seem to be along the same line as the 715T...a Plinkster in AK looking furniture.
http://www.mossberg.com/products/rifles/autoloading/autoloading-rimfire

More to come with the SHOT show coming up.

The Mossberg Patriot line will come in three basic styles: standard, deer THUGS (yes thugs), and youth, with some scoped options as well. First, let’s take a look at the standard options.
The standard Patriot is a bolt-action that will be immediately available in 11 calibers and three solid colors: black, walnut, and laminate. Walnut and laminate stocks will have a stippled grip and forend. Short-action calibers will include: .22-250 Rem, .243 Rem, 7mm-08 Rem, and .308 Win. Long-action calibers will include: .25-06 Rem, .270 Win, .30-06 Springfield, 7mm Rem Mag, .300 Win Mag, .338 Win Mag, and .375 Ruger. Standard calibers will have a 5-round capacity while magnum calibers will have a 4-round capacity.
Standard Patriot rifles will come with Mossberg’s LBA adjustable triggers which are adjustable from 2 to 7 pounds. Each rifle will also feature a Weaver-style base, making adding a scope reasonably simple.

Standard Patriot Specs:
Short-Action
Caliber Capacity Barrel Twist Sights Stock
.22-250 Rem 5 22” fluted 1:14 Weaver bases Walnut, Black
.243 Win 5 22” fluted 1:10 Weaver bases Walnut, Black
7mm-08 Rem 5 22” fluted 1:9.5 Weaver bases Walnut, Black
.308 Win 5 22” fluted 1:10 Weaver bases Walnut, Black,
Laminate
Long-Action
Caliber Capacity Barrel Twist Sights Stock
.25-06 5 22″ fluted 1:10 Weaver bases Walnut, Black
.270 Win 5 22″ fluted Marinecote opt. 1:10 Weaver bases Walnut, Black,
Laminate
.30-06 Springfield 5 22″ fluted/non-fluted 1:10 Weaver bases, Walnut, Black
Marinecote opt. Rifle sights opt. Laminate
7mm Rem Mag 4 22″ fluted 1:9.5 Weaver bases Walnut, Black
.300 Win Mag 4 22″ fluted/non-fluted 1:10 Weaver bases Walnut, Black
.338 Win Mag 4 22″ fluted/non-fluted 1:10 Weaver bases Walnut, Black
Rifle sights opt.
.375 Ruger 4 22″ fluted/non-fluted 1:10 Weaver bases Walnut, Black

Youth Model Specs:
Model Caliber Capacity Barrel Length of Pull Stock

Bantam .243 Win, 7mm-08 Rem, 5 20″ fluted 12″ Walnut, reduced LOP
.308 Win
Super Bantam .243 Win, 7mm-08 5 20″ fluted adj. 12″-13″ Black w/adj. LOP
Rem, .308 Win
Super Bantam, .243 Win, 7mm-08 5 20″ fluted adj. 12″-13″ Black, Muddy Girl
Scoped pckg Rem, .308 Win camo, Break-Up
Infinity, all adj. LOP
The scoped packages will be immediately available in five calibers: .22-250 Rem, .308 Win, .270 Win, .30-06 Springfield, and .300 Win Mag. All will have a 5-round capacity with the exception of the magnum round, which will have a 4-round capacity. Also, each scoped rifle will have the option of a walnut or black synthetic stock with the exception of the .22-250 Rem, which will only come in walnut. They will come with 22″ fluted barrels and 3-9x40mm variable scopes.

Deer Thug models will feature a synthetic stock with the Break-Up Infinity camo pattern. They’ll be available in three calibers: .243 Win, .270 Win, and .30-06 Springfield. Each rifle will come with a 22″ fluted barrel
Some of the Youth models will come with the option of the same 3-9x40mm variable scope being included with the full-sized scoped rifles. No word yet on which Youth rifles will have that option.
One reason why Mossberg is releasing such an extensive line – 50 rifles is pretty much unheard of for an initial offering – is because they are apparently slowly phasing out their ATR and 4×4 lines. At least that’s the information currently going around. There has not been any timeline given as to a production end-date for those lines; rest assured when we find out, so will you.
MSRP is being given at $386 to $584. And, as time passes, the Patriot line will expand to cover gaps left by the elimination of the ATR and 4×4 lines.

I was wondering that myself as I had recently acquired an older 4 x 4 .300 Win Mag with skeletonized stock and Marinecote finish. Mine does not have the LBA trigger or the fluted barrel. I was curious as to how old it was. I was searching for the owners manual and could not find any trace of the ATR or 4 x 4 line. Does anyone know if they have changed the action or barrel design for this year or are they based off the 4 x 4?

From the information made available so far the Patriot rifles use a newly designed action, hence the discontinuation of the 4x4 and 100 ATR lines...

Back