1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

New Patriot

Discussion in 'Mossberg Patriot Bolt Action' started by WVstraw, Aug 24, 2019.

1. WVstraw

WVstraw .22LR

Recently I got a. 308 with synthetic stock. I mounted a Vortex 4x12x44 scope. Next I loaded 60 rounds full length sized loads. I used the same middle of the road loading that is very reliable in 3 other .308s that I load for. My first trip to the range with the new Patriot was very impressive and 100% enjoyable. I quickly boresighted and in just 3 rounds was very near zero. I quickly shifted to 200 yards. After final zero I settled in to shooting very nice groups. The function of gun, scope and ammo was absolutely rock solid. I look forward to more range time and time afield with my latest Patriot. I rotated it and another rifle to allow barrel cooling. After the 60 rounds were gone I wished I had brought along more. Very comfortable off the sandbags and very little muzzle jump. 100 percent happy with my Patriots.
    Papa D and Scoop like this.
  2. WVstraw

WVstraw .22LR

I will add a bit of interesting info concerning loading for the Patriot .308. The bullet I used in my rifle was the Speer 150 gr. Hot-Cor. At 200 yards it was very accurate.It is an economical bullet that I had on hand. I usually use it in Milsurps. It performed so well that I will order more for future range time. I generally always load Sierra for serious stuff but would like to see or hear from others how the Hot-Cor performs in the field. I in no way assumed the Speer inferior. I merely have used them little. Maybe several hundred over the years and those on groundhogs only.