• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New (range update)

Awastatyme

.270 WIN
Well I just got the 5.56 patrol yesterday. Hopefully this weekend I can shoot it and take a few pictures of it.

My brother in law has the predator version and said something about wanting a synthetic stock. Debating if I want to have my stock painted Multicam or trade him for the laminate stock.

Nice. Look forward to seeing pics.

Got out to the range this weekend.
My first 10 shots (Lake City XM193 5.56) out of the MVP with iron sights and no adjustment. Basically out he box wipe down, oil patch down the bore followed by dry patch and then shot.
50yds with the front resting on a bag. I also took one shot at 150yds with iron sights was was able to hit the 8" target at about 11 o'clock in the 8 ring. Time to get the P-223 carbine scope mounted and see what this thing can really do!
C5ULyIA.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Not a bad group for out of the box with no adjustments.

The one I'm looking at is this MVP®-LC (Light Chassis). For the price, this sucker is badass.

mossberg-mvp1.jpg

50-55gr vmax rounds tend to work the best in the 5.56/.223 MVP barrels. Like picking off dimes at 100 yards and sub MOA at 200 yards type of accuracy.

Reactions: dwb
50-55gr vmax rounds tend to work the best in the 5.56/.223 MVP barrels. Like picking off dimes at 100 yards and sub MOA at 200 yards type of accuracy.
Really? I was thinking about the .308/7.62 version of this rifle, but now you have me thinking different. I have thousands of .223/5.56 rounds.

Back