• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New S&W M&P 15 Sport

Grip screw on mine is Allen head, takes a 3/16. I don't recall getting the wrench with mine, and I don't think the instructions cover grip removal

I've seen some of those.

First time I ever came across an allen head screw on an AR grip, let's just say their ear was probably burning for a while because I was pretty vocal about how stupid that was.

They're supposed to be a flat head screw.

Everyone has a flat head screwdriver. But not everyone has a 4 or 5 inch long allen key.

Seems to be a crap shoot what come in a lower build kit anymore and far as the grip screw. Ive even run into one too long

I personally like the positive engagement of a socket head cap screw (allen), but for simplicity the slotted is the way to go. Like john said, you can find (or make) a flat screwdriver pretty easy. I dont know the thread pitch of the grip screws of the top of my head, 1/4- 20 maybe?

Both my ARs came with socket head grip screws. I thought that was normal when I went to change out the furniture. And I thought I would never use those T-handle Allen wrenches I bought 5 years ago, lol. IIRC, the MOE grips came with a flathead screw. I reused the original socket head screws tho, so much easier.

BTW OP, congrats on the new M&P 15 Sport. It's a good one.

Back