1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

New S&W M&P 15 Sport

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by JayC, Oct 8, 2015.

1. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I've seen some of those.

First time I ever came across an allen head screw on an AR grip, let's just say their ear was probably burning for a while because I was pretty vocal about how stupid that was.

They're supposed to be a flat head screw.

Everyone has a flat head screwdriver. But not everyone has a 4 or 5 inch long allen key.
  2. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

Seems to be a crap shoot what come in a lower build kit anymore and far as the grip screw. Ive even run into one too long
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

All my Spikes kits came with Allen key grip screws...
  4. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite Member "Philanthropist"

I personally like the positive engagement of a socket head cap screw (allen), but for simplicity the slotted is the way to go. Like john said, you can find (or make) a flat screwdriver pretty easy. I dont know the thread pitch of the grip screws of the top of my head, 1/4- 20 maybe?
  5. Ghmann

Ghmann .270 WIN

Both my ARs came with socket head grip screws. I thought that was normal when I went to change out the furniture. And I thought I would never use those T-handle Allen wrenches I bought 5 years ago, lol. IIRC, the MOE grips came with a flathead screw. I reused the original socket head screws tho, so much easier.

BTW OP, congrats on the new M&P 15 Sport. It's a good one.
  6. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Sounds like an excuse to purchase more tools! :)
    LAZY EYED SNIPER likes this.