• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New scope

BCGuy

Just picked this up for my 30-06, 480$ Leupold 3-9x50.
IMG_3211_zps9f25920d.jpg

Hey, wow...so happy with this thing.
So turns out my weaver mount was loose, whoever mounted them last put the wrong length of screw in the front one so it was not fully torqued causing the whole assembly to move which is why i could never keep this thing accurate or Zero'd in. With just a bore sight i handed the rifle to my two buddies who don't shoot or own guns.(under supervision of course) They were collectively able to put 7/7 shots in an 18"x18" target at 50 yards. I didn't bother adjusting the scope as there is still 5 feet of snow everywhere and i want to zero it at the range instead of the bush. Also I was having too much fun firing from the hip with my mossberg. :)
All in all great day, my gun really deserved a better scope. My next scope will probably be a lot more expensive and more powerful, for now the 3x9 works fine with my current effective range. The elk shall feel my wrath this fall!

Back