• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Style of Open Sights?

Itsricmo

.30-06
I was searching the web for some options as far as open sights or iron sights go, for a bolt action rifle that wasn't equipped for them. My options quickly turned out to be few.

1) Get barrel to be smithed to accept Dove Tail Iron Sights.
2) Get a top receiver mount rail and mount a red dot (But I don't want batteries)
3) Find some kind of Barrel strap mounted sight

But in my searching I came across this neat little thing:

http://www.seeallopensight.com/products.html

I wasn't sure at first, so I check about the internet and there is virtually nothing... NOTHING!
So I took the next step and contacted the Manufacturer, by email. Spoke with a Gentlemen named, Ryan.

My first few questions were (W/ Answers below):

Q: Does the See All Sight need the UTG Riser or other riser to be used?
A: Only if mounted on an AR platform will it be required to meet up with the line of sight. However, any Weaver or Picatinny Rail will work to mount the See All.

Q: What is the Maximum range this sight is manufactured to work best at?
Later reworded: What is the maximum range that the See All worked best at across all test Platforms?
A: Optimal performance was shown across the various platforms at 100yds. and you can expect 1 to 2 inch grouping dependent on the shooter and firearm.

Q:What is the largest caliber of rifle or shotgun this sight is limited too?
A: Practically any size caliber of firearm will work with this sight. Including 50 caliber bore rifles and muzzle loaders.

Q:Does your company offer any models for review? (can I borrow one to test and review essentially which I had to explain in Layman's terms haha)

A: At this time we do not offer any such service but do offer a Full 100% Money Back Guarantee should the See All Sight not meet your standards or work.

At a price of $170 + S&H it is kind of hard to do, just to return it within 30days. I think the concept is neat but there isn't A LOT of people using it yet to get a good idea of what kind of product it is.

EDIT: here is some further information on it. A nice view of what it would look like to be behind this thing!

http://seeallopensight.blogspot.com/2012/07/view-through-see-all-open-sight.html

Whats your thoughts on it?

Well, it looks pretty sweet! I too would like to see more before I felt like droppin that kinda cash on somethin thats not been thoroughly reviewed and put through some abuse.

Even the info available isnt comprehensive! I wanna know if there is any real merit to it... Good find though, it looks like it could be very useful!

I'm tempted to drop the cash but I have some items pending sale before I have the means haha and by the way Ross... I just saw your User name on "American Pickers" it was on the back of a Thunderbird in a barn!!!

Do it dude! Buy it! :D

My name on a thunderbird? Were they on the east coast? CT, RI, ME? Used to be family out there, and still is family in CT near Hartford. Used to be a bunch of Rossignols out that way.

I actually think they were in Kentucky lol unsure but it was huge on the Rear Driver side fender. Id say about 3" height and 15".. hard to say for sure but I was like... "Hey, wait a minute! I know that name!!!"

As far as this sight goes, I am thinking about it. If I can get rid of this wooden stock set for a mossberg it'd help haha

Yeah it's rough days for reselling! haha... I ended up just turning my Black LEO setup too OD Green to match my rifle :p

Like I said, I think that is where they were! I don't know what the episode was called but the guy was selling out of an old Train Station building. may be able to find it online and see! lol

Back